Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Compreesor

Hello! Guys.
I want to know if there is some "Data Compression" source code in x86!
i want to make my own compressor, m working on one, but it's little big! so if you know where can i find simple compression algorithm or compressor source code in x86 asm arround, do tell me! thnks!

Comments

• EvenbitEvenbit Posts: 54Member
    : Hello! Guys.
    : I want to know if there is some "Data Compression" source code in x86!
    : i want to make my own compressor, m working on one, but it's little big! so if you know where can i find simple compression algorithm or compressor source code in x86 asm arround, do tell me! thnks!
    :

Why not just find a good Run-Length-Encoding (RLE) example written in C and just convert it to ASM while making size and speed optimizations along the way?

Nathan.

• Janib SoomroJanib Soomro Posts: 49Member
    :
    : Why not just find a good Run-Length-Encoding (RLE) example written in C and just convert it to ASM while making size and speed optimizations along the way?
    :
    : Nathan.
    :
    :

thnks Nathan!
    but i dont like RLE or kinds of compression scheemes, they only compress STRINGs, i want to make compressor like Zip/Rar/Lha etc.
    im working on a LZW compression algorithm!
    and i dont like C/C++, X86 Is the Best!
    so can you help me!
  • EvenbitEvenbit Posts: 54Member

: thnks Nathan!
    : but i dont like RLE or kinds of compression scheemes, they only compress STRINGs, i want to make compressor like Zip/Rar/Lha etc.
    : im working on a LZW compression algorithm!
    : and i dont like C/C++, X86 Is the Best!
    : so can you help me!
    :

Sorry, I don't have any source code for compression.

I suggest an extensive search of the links and forums found here:
    http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/links.htm
    and here:
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/comp/comp.lang.asm.x86.html
    I am positive you will eventually bump into someone who can assist you with the information you need.

Nathan.
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    :
    : thnks Nathan!
    : but i dont like RLE or kinds of compression scheemes, they only compress STRINGs, i want to make compressor like Zip/Rar/Lha etc.

[blue]zlib does not have that limitation. Most of it is writtin in C, but has some asm.[/blue]
    http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

• Janib SoomroJanib Soomro Posts: 49Member
    Hi~ Thanks Guys, I've read enough text about [Data Compression]
    now, im gonna make my own compressor with old algorithm.
    thanks, again.