I'm fresh new , help please.. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I'm fresh new , help please..

dpilotdpilot Posts: 1Member
Hello guys , I'm super new to this forum and I would really like to start learning C++ , I'm very good at php and MySQL.

next thing I wanna learn is C++ for my next ongoing project

I will need to reach very high levels of programming

but first I need to learn the basics , I assume it's most likely like any other programming software
so most functions should be the same , basic ones at least , so I should have a soft landing
can anyone direct me to the best version of C++ I should get for myself ? I will need to program in Windows area , not DOS.

Thanks a lot
awaiting your response

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : can anyone direct me to the best version of C++ I should get for myself ? I will need to program in Windows area , not DOS.
    :

www.bloodshed.net has a very good [b]free[/b] c++ compiler -- Dev-C++. Although not perfect, its probably the best free compiler and sufficient to learn programming. You can write both Windows programs using pure win32 API functions as well as console programs (but not MS-DOS 6.X and earlier).

A good online windows tutorial is here:

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

There are also hundreds of books you can get from www.amazon.com or at your local book store.