Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

About Application Domain

veer_elluriveer_elluri Posts: 8Member
hai i started learning processes and application domains in C# but i didn't understant the use of application domains.Please suggest me what is the use of this and where do we use this type application

Thank u...

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : hai i started learning processes and application domains in C# but i didn't understant the use of application domains.Please suggest me what is the use of this and where do we use this type application
    :
    :
    : Thank u...
    :

Application Domain is not an application. Basically, in the old days each program was attached to a single computer process. Each process has its own set of memory addresses. So two processes could not automatically share data without performing a procedure called marshalling. Which basically means to take data from one process and read it into another process.

Application domain's are new thanks to .NET. You can think of them as sub-processes. Basically, each .NET process creates multiple application domains. Instead of attaching the .NET program to the process entirely, the program is attached to an application domain. Because multiple programs can be in a process now, data can be shared between programs without having to marshal. This is inherently faster.

When a .NET application loads, each one of its dependent DLL files, such as System.dll, System.Web.dll, are loaded into their own AppDomains within the same process. The beautiful thing about this is that multiple applications using the System.dll, for instance, will share the same DLL. This is all easily possible, thanks to Application Domains.

Another beutiful thing about Application Domains is that you can programatically create one using .NET code and load an application ot librarym into it. This matched up with the System.Reflection namespace can open the doors for many new robust applications, such as a program loading application.
  • BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    MSDN has a good explanation of application domains here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconapplicationdomains.asp

: hai i started learning processes and application domains in C# but i didn't understant the use of application domains.Please suggest me what is the use of this and where do we use this type application
    :
    :
    : Thank u...
    :