Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Having trouble with configuring mail account in outlook express 5

[b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]

Hai friends,

I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sethusid@eth.net'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Comments

• BeitiBeiti Posts: 25Member
    Hi,

I guess your SMTP-server needs authentication, that means you have to check a box on the extended-page of your account-configuration saying "Use authentication for smtp" ... "same as pop".

(Might sound a bit different, as I use a german windows, but the sense should be the same).

Have a nice day!
    Seb.

: [b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : Hai friends,
    :
    : I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs
    :
    : The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sethusid@eth.net'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    :

• sethuramansidsethuramansid Posts: 7Member

Thank you sir, Now my problem solved.

: Hi,
    :
    : I guess your SMTP-server needs authentication, that means you have to check a box on the extended-page of your account-configuration saying "Use authentication for smtp" ... "same as pop".
    :
    : (Might sound a bit different, as I use a german windows, but the sense should be the same).
    :
    : Have a nice day!
    : Seb.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : :
    : : Hai friends,
    : : I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs
    : : The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sethusid@eth.net'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    :
    :