Form - Auto fill form from another table - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Form - Auto fill form from another table

JLewisJLewis Posts: 2Member
I don't know if this is possible..... Can a form be partially populated with data from one table, the remaining cells be completed by our employees, and all of the data on the form be saved to a second table. I would like to enter an account #, have the account # and patient name automatically complete (the info would come from table 1)- this is to verify that the employee has entered the correct account #. They will continue to complete the remainder of the form. Then I would like everything to be saved to table 2.

I'm getting desperate! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by infidel at 2005-1-6 14:24:15[/red][/b][hr]
    : I don't know if this is possible..... Can a form be partially populated with data from one table, the remaining cells be completed by our employees, and all of the data on the form be saved to a second table. I would like to enter an account #, have the account # and patient name automatically complete (the info would come from table 1)- this is to verify that the employee has entered the correct account #. They will continue to complete the remainder of the form. Then I would like everything to be saved to table 2.
    :
    : I'm getting desperate! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

This is certainly possible. What are you having problems with?

And what language/database are you using?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• JLewisJLewis Posts: 2Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by infidel at 2005-1-6 14:24:15[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I don't know if this is possible..... Can a form be partially populated with data from one table, the remaining cells be completed by our employees, and all of the data on the form be saved to a second table. I would like to enter an account #, have the account # and patient name automatically complete (the info would come from table 1)- this is to verify that the employee has entered the correct account #. They will continue to complete the remainder of the form. Then I would like everything to be saved to table 2.
    : :
    : : I'm getting desperate! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    :
    : This is certainly possible. What are you having problems with?
    :
    : And what language/database are you using?
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    : I'm using Access 97. My problem is trying to get my Form to search for data in Table 1, automatically enter that data into the form, and save all the data on the form to Table 2.

I want to enter an Account # onto the form and have it do a search for the matching record from Table 1. I would like at least enough info to identify the patient (last name, first name) to appear on the form, but I would like the entire record from Table 1 to be saved to Table 2 along with the additional data that the employee will enter.

The reason that I need to duplicate all the data is that Table 1 will change daily - I don't want Table 2 to change.

I hope this makes sense....

THANK YOU!!!

:
    :

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : : I'm using Access 97. My problem is trying to get my Form to search for data in Table 1, automatically enter that data into the form, and save all the data on the form to Table 2.
    :
    : I want to enter an Account # onto the form and have it do a search for the matching record from Table 1. I would like at least enough info to identify the patient (last name, first name) to appear on the form, but I would like the entire record from Table 1 to be saved to Table 2 along with the additional data that the employee will enter.
    :
    : The reason that I need to duplicate all the data is that Table 1 will change daily - I don't want Table 2 to change.
    :
    : I hope this makes sense....

Yes, it makes sense, but I don't know much about Access to help. I think one issue with Access is that if you use fields that are bound to a table, it will automatically update that table instead of inserting the values into another, so using bound fields is probably not what you want. I don't know much else. Good luck.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]