Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Insert into query in VB 6 using SQL Server 7

Hello,

I am using VB 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7. what i want to do is, Using a query in VB that is 'insert into' i want to bring data from MS Access 97 to MS SQL Server.
How i can do this if is it possible.then how to connect external database that is ms access in that query with MS SQL Server 7.

thanks

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I am using VB 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7. what i want to do is, Using a query in VB that is 'insert into' i want to bring data from MS Access 97 to MS SQL Server.
    : How i can do this if is it possible.then how to connect external database that is ms access in that query with MS SQL Server 7.

I've seen people use MSAccess databases to manipulate data directly in SQLServer (and even Oracle) databases. You have to create the link in MSAccess, though. I don't know for sure but I think it creates a kind of pseudo-table in MSAccess that you can then insert into and it will pipe the data over to SQLServer for you.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]