portability problems - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

portability problems

avakaavaka Posts: 2Member
I am working on a new project and I am kind of new to c#(6 months). I have a problem with running my application on computers that do not have .net installed on their computers, even if i give them the release version of the program.
All I need is to know what .dll files or other files I need to copy or install on the computers that my application will run.
With regards,
CC

P.S. the application must run under win2000, xp and 98
:)

Comments

• BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    The target machine needs to have the .NET framework installed in order to run your app. They don't need the SDK, just the redistributable. You can find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

: I am working on a new project and I am kind of new to c#(6 months). I have a problem with running my application on computers that do not have .net installed on their computers, even if i give them the release version of the program.
    : All I need is to know what .dll files or other files I need to copy or install on the computers that my application will run.
    : With regards,
    : CC
    :
    : P.S. the application must run under win2000, xp and 98
    : :)
    :
    :
    :