Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

problem

hi,

my problem is:
i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.

thnk you all
amra.

p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......

Comments

• FlakesFlakes Posts: 642Member
    : hi,
    :
    : my problem is:
    : i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
    : what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.
    :
    : thnk you all
    : amra.
    :
    : p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
    : i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......
    :

Didnt really get what you want,you also want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid??

Can you explain a bit more?

• amraamra Posts: 18Member
    : : hi,
    : :
    : : my problem is:
    : : i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
    : : what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.
    : : thnk you all
    : : amra.
    : : p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
    : : i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......
    :
    :
    : Didnt really get what you want,you also want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid??
    :
    : Can you explain a bit more?
    :
    you are right. i want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid. it is a simple select statemant, but i cannot find the right place for it.
    i think i have two problems: the first is that i have to do select before i actialy get to the database open, the second is that i can not assign any values after filling specific field, and before submit button.
    i fond something in VBScript like, AfterUpdateField, WillChangeField... but it does not work, or i dont use it as i should

: : : hi,
    : : :
    : : : my problem is:
    : : : i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
    : : : what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.
    : : : thnk you all
    : : : amra.
    : : : p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
    : : : i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......
    : : Didnt really get what you want,you also want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid??
    : : Can you explain a bit more?
    : you are right. i want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid. it is a simple select statemant, but i cannot find the right place for it.
    : i think i have two problems: the first is that i have to do select before i actialy get to the database open,
    [red]you cannot do a select without a database connection[/red]
    the second is that i can not assign any values after filling specific field, and before submit button.
    : i fond something in VBScript like, AfterUpdateField, WillChangeField... but it does not work, or i dont use it as i should
    :

[red]If you post some code maybe we will have a try at it..[/red]

• amraamra Posts: 18Member
    : : : : hi,
    : : : :
    : : : : my problem is:
    : : : : i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
    : : : : what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.
    : : : : thnk you all
    : : : : amra.
    : : : : p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
    : : : : i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......
    : : : Didnt really get what you want,you also want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid??
    : : : Can you explain a bit more?
    : : you are right. i want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid. it is a simple select statemant, but i cannot find the right place for it.
    : : i think i have two problems: the first is that i have to do select before i actialy get to the database open,
    : [red]you cannot do a select without a database connection[/red]
    : the second is that i can not assign any values after filling specific field, and before submit button.
    : : i fond something in VBScript like, AfterUpdateField, WillChangeField... but it does not work, or i dont use it as i should
    :
    : [red]If you post some code maybe we will have a try at it..[/red]
    :
    :
    i think that connection is ok, it actually works ok, because i get the value i need in session variable... here is the code i wrote

dim ud_MySQL
    dim ud_oRSTemp
    set ud_oRSTemp=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    ud_MySQL="SELECT dbo.AARTIKLI.NAZIV FROM dbo.AARTIKLI WHERE dbo.AARTIKLI.ARTIKAL =" & CSTR(oRSNARSTAVKE.Fields("ARTIKAL").Value)

ud_oRSTem.Open ud_MSQL, objCN, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdUnspecified

ud_art= ud_oRSTem.Fields("NAZIV").Value

ud_oRSTem.Close
    SET ud_oRSTem=NOTHING

this code works ok, i get value i need but after submit button.
    is there any va to track focus, and mybe put this code after field has lost focus? i have no idea...
    points where i can actally put this code in tool i have to use are:
    Before and after merge call, and on processor side: before open, after open, before and after update, and before and after close.
    : : : : : hi,
    : : : : :
    : : : : : my problem is:
    : : : : : i have a field custID in Orders table, which must be in Customers table.
    : : : : : what i wont is: when i fill the cusID field-pass the correct cusName, after i move to another field on the Orders form.
    : : : : : thnk you all
    : : : : : amra.
    : : : : : p.s. the connection to recordset in Customers table is ok.
    : : : : : i think the main problem is where do i put my select? is there any event like After update field... or something......
    : : : : Didnt really get what you want,you also want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid??
    : : : : Can you explain a bit more?
    : : : you are right. i want to find customer name corresponsding to the custid. it is a simple select statemant, but i cannot find the right place for it.
    : : : i think i have two problems: the first is that i have to do select before i actialy get to the database open,
    : : [red]you cannot do a select without a database connection[/red]
    : : the second is that i can not assign any values after filling specific field, and before submit button.
    : : : i fond something in VBScript like, AfterUpdateField, WillChangeField... but it does not work, or i dont use it as i should
    : : [red]If you post some code maybe we will have a try at it..[/red]
    : i think that connection is ok, it actually works ok, because i get the value i need in session variable... here is the code i wrote
    :
    : dim ud_MySQL
    : dim ud_oRSTemp
    : set ud_oRSTemp=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    : ud_MySQL="SELECT dbo.AARTIKLI.NAZIV FROM dbo.AARTIKLI WHERE dbo.AARTIKLI.ARTIKAL =" & CSTR(oRSNARSTAVKE.Fields("ARTIKAL").Value)
    :
    : ud_oRSTem.Open ud_MSQL, objCN, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdUnspecified
    :
    :
    :
    : ud_art= ud_oRSTem.Fields("NAZIV").Value
    :
    : ud_oRSTem.Close
    : SET ud_oRSTem=NOTHING
    :
    :
    : this code works ok, i get value i need but after submit button.
    [red]In ASP, you will only get the value after a submit,because it requires a server action for stuff like DB Access.[/red]
    : is there any va to track focus, and mybe put this code after field has lost focus?
    [red]
    Losing focus is a client side action.You could force a submit using javascript,like
    [code]

[/code]

But thats still a submit...
    [/red]
    i have no idea...
    : points where i can actally put this code in tool i have to use are:
    : Before and after merge call, and on processor side: before open, after open, before and after update, and before and after close.
    :