Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Why doesn

CORPORACAONFCORPORACAONF Member Posts: 29
???
I have several modules inside this database. They are used to run periodic routines. At same time I have a Visual Basic application that access that database.
I updated the mdb file from version 97 to 2000. After this change, some problems started to happen.
Now, when a user opens the mdb file (putting login and password through a mdw file) and try to change a line of a module, the following message appears:
"You dont have exclusive access to database nowadays. If you continue doing changes, they probably wont be saved after."
But before, in version 97, the users could change the code and execute it. Its necessary because the user has to be able to handle the code when a exception occurs.
I cant give exclusive access to a user because the database is sharing for fifty people at same time. If someone open the database in exclusive mode to run a module, all the department stops.
I searched the help of Access 2000 but I didnt find anything about it.
What can be it?

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    Access 97 allowed changes to most objects while the db was opened as shared; however, 2002 and I assume 2000 changed this behavior. now mdb's need to be opened exclusively to make changes.

One suggestion- place a db on each users workstation with your modules and link/attach to the data tables in a separate db on the network. the user could exclusively open the one on the workstation and modify the modules.

: ???
    : I have several modules inside this database. They are used to run periodic routines. At same time I have a Visual Basic application that access that database.
    : I updated the mdb file from version 97 to 2000. After this change, some problems started to happen.
    : Now, when a user opens the mdb file (putting login and password through a mdw file) and try to change a line of a module, the following message appears:
    : "You dont have exclusive access to database nowadays. If you continue doing changes, they probably wont be saved after."
    : But before, in version 97, the users could change the code and execute it. Its necessary because the user has to be able to handle the code when a exception occurs.
    : I cant give exclusive access to a user because the database is sharing for fifty people at same time. If someone open the database in exclusive mode to run a module, all the department stops.
    : I searched the help of Access 2000 but I didnt find anything about it.
    : What can be it?
    :
    :

• titebelle1titebelle1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, (sorry for my english)
    Try those parameters: In "options" menu, in the advanced sheet: check "autorize DDE", temporisation OLE/DDE (sec) = 5, refresh laps (sec) = 5, number of upgrade tryings = 2, refresh laps ODBC (sec) = 5, upgrade temporisation (msec) = 250, file format = access 2000, opening mode by default = shared, lock by default = none, opening with locked records = unckeck

Hope it will help you, that's how my parameters are fixed.

Can you tell me how you've done this: "...when a user opens the mdb file (putting login and password through a mdw file)..." I have problems with this part!!!

Thank in return!

: ???
    : I have several modules inside this database. They are used to run periodic routines. At same time I have a Visual Basic application that access that database.
    : I updated the mdb file from version 97 to 2000. After this change, some problems started to happen.
    : Now, when a user opens the mdb file (putting login and password through a mdw file) and try to change a line of a module, the following message appears:
    : "You dont have exclusive access to database nowadays. If you continue doing changes, they probably wont be saved after."
    : But before, in version 97, the users could change the code and execute it. Its necessary because the user has to be able to handle the code when a exception occurs.
    : I cant give exclusive access to a user because the database is sharing for fifty people at same time. If someone open the database in exclusive mode to run a module, all the department stops.
    : I searched the help of Access 2000 but I didnt find anything about it.
    : What can be it?
    :
    :