header under Linux??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

header under Linux???

Hello everybody, merry Christmass (what's left of it :-)) and a happy new year to all.

I am experiencing a problem with a compatibility issue(or so i call). In the library of the Solaris SUN, there is the implementation of a structure with 4 data members (48 bytes total) and it's typedef'd to "sema_t". I have to use it to declare a semaphore (i.e. sema_t mysemaphore) and then this semaphore will be initialized in a shared segment (created with shmget()), for use in the readers/writters problem. The problem is that i have Mandrake Linux 10.1 at home... I didn't think it would be a problem, but it is! The synch.h header doesn't seem to be in any of the libraries in my linux version. Several searches in google haven't helped a bit :-(. Any suggestions? Is there any such header for linux???