Coloured strings? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Coloured strings?

NewProg2NewProg2 Posts: 6Member
Hi; how can i do it so that if i assign strings to a textbox (one after another, not one replacing the other); the sections of the text that correspond to particular strings are differnt colours?

e.g
text1 = text1 & str1(blue)
text1 = text1 & str2(red)etc

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Bulgarian_VBBulgarian_VB Posts: 307Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Bulgarian_VB at 2004-12-24 17:45:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi; how can i do it so that if i assign strings to a textbox (one after another, not one replacing the other); the sections of the text that correspond to particular strings are differnt colours?
    :
    : e.g
    : text1 = text1 & str1(blue)
    : text1 = text1 & str2(red)etc
    :
    : any help would be appreciated
    :
    Use the RichEdit control (standard, just go to Project -> Components).

Hope I helped,
    Nikolay Semov

• NewProg2NewProg2 Posts: 6Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Bulgarian_VB at 2004-12-24 17:45:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi; how can i do it so that if i assign strings to a textbox (one after another, not one replacing the other); the sections of the text that correspond to particular strings are differnt colours?
    : :
    : : e.g
    : : text1 = text1 & str1(blue)
    : : text1 = text1 & str2(red)etc
    : : any help would be appreciated
    : Use the RichEdit control (standard, just go to Project -> Components).
    :
    : Hope I helped,
    : Nikolay Semov
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Can somebody help with the actual coding plz? I never used the RichTextBox control before, and i cant find anything on the Web or in my books! Tahnk you for your help :-)