Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to run file open dialog box in activex dll project

kapiloo7kapiloo7 Posts: 45Member
I am creating a COM component to read excel file in which,
i have to ask for the file. in standard exe project we can have
common dialog control. but as this is a dll project i can not have
a control.so how can i run the dialog box.

any body can help plz...

Comments

• Bulgarian_VBBulgarian_VB Posts: 307Member
    : I am creating a COM component to read excel file in which,
    : i have to ask for the file. in standard exe project we can have
    : common dialog control. but as this is a dll project i can not have
    : a control.so how can i run the dialog box.
    :
    : any body can help plz...
    :
    Yes, there are APIs to get a common dialog. However, you can still use the control... just add a form to your project. ActiveX DLLs can have and display their own forms. In your case you wouldn't want a form to be displayed, so after placing the control, just resize the form to 1x1 pixel and set the start-up position to -1000, -1000 so that it's not visible. Show the dialog OnLoad and Unload the form immediately after the common dialog is closed.

Hope I helped,
    Nikolay Semov