Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can this be done?

jboul99jboul99 Posts: 2Member
Im really new to programming and just want to know if this is possible with c#.
Would I be able to write a program to copy data from one source to another but in raw mode, not by files but by sectors on the media?

Comments

• monotonicmonotonic Posts: 13Member
    : Im really new to programming and just want to know if this is possible with c#.
    : Would I be able to write a program to copy data from one source to another but in raw mode, not by files but by sectors on the media?
    :

I think you would probably be better off using C++(un-managed) or assembler or both(C++ with embeded Asm) for this. Sorry I couldnt be much help.
  • iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : Im really new to programming and just want to know if this is possible with c#.
    : Would I be able to write a program to copy data from one source to another but in raw mode, not by files but by sectors on the media?
    :

I'm sure through some wizardry you can get the job done with C#. However, it may be just easier to use C++. If you want to use .NET, then you can use C++ Managed extensions.