Network adapter - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Network adapter

How do i send something trough my network adapter using only asm under MS-DOS or under no OS.You comunicate with a network adapter trogh adress ports or how ?

Comments

• jeffleydajeffleyda Posts: 390Member
    : How do i send something trough my network adapter using only asm under MS-DOS or under no OS.You comunicate with a network adapter trogh adress ports or how ?
    :

You'll need a packet driver in order to communicate to other devices from your network card. The packet driver is the step that converts your commands/data into whatever interface the network card uses to send it down the wire. The hardware interface varies from card to card as to how data is sent, so there is no single answer to your question.

If you've got one of these network cards, this is a good place to start, includes lots of source code:

http://www.crynwr.com/drivers/00index.html

-jeff!