Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

can i browse through a web without opening a web browser?

greetings,
i dunno whether my quest sounds impossible or stupid..but i really am wondering if there is a way for me to browse through a web without opening a web browser (IE,Netscape, etc)
my idea is that to download files from the web without opening the web itself...instead...i just specify the URL of the web and...pooff~~! i am able to browse through the folders and download the files in it...
im using VB.net...
:)

thanx in advance
regards,
raina

Comments

• cskit1500cskit1500 Member Posts: 3
    : greetings,
    : i dunno whether my quest sounds impossible or stupid..but i really am wondering if there is a way for me to browse through a web without opening a web browser (IE,Netscape, etc)
    : my idea is that to download files from the web without opening the web itself...instead...i just specify the URL of the web and...pooff~~! i am able to browse through the folders and download the files in it...
    : im using VB.net...
    : :)
    :
    : thanx in advance
    : regards,
    : raina
    :

vb.net has its own browser built in it, use help for ref, other than that i dont see how u could surf the web without a browser (networking complications) you wouls still need some sort of front end operation. I dont kknow if i answered the question the way u wanted but, thats all i can tell you.
  • poetfreakpoetfreak Member Posts: 68
    : : greetings,
    : : i dunno whether my quest sounds impossible or stupid..but i really am wondering if there is a way for me to browse through a web without opening a web browser (IE,Netscape, etc)
    : : my idea is that to download files from the web without opening the web itself...instead...i just specify the URL of the web and...pooff~~! i am able to browse through the folders and download the files in it...
    : : im using VB.net...
    : : :)
    : :
    : : thanx in advance
    : : regards,
    : : raina
    : :
    :
    : vb.net has its own browser built in it, use help for ref, other than that i dont see how u could surf the web without a browser (networking complications) you wouls still need some sort of front end operation. I dont kknow if i answered the question the way u wanted but, thats all i can tell you.
    :

you can do it all from console mode with http://lynx.browser.org/
    but yes you need something to tell windows how to get there and how to deal with the pages/info there. Just FTP you can do though ;)