Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem in import/Export from Access to MSSQL2000

Hi,

I have created one application using VB-MSSQL 2000.
in this application facility to export the data from SQL to Access has been given.Also it has faclity to import from Access to SQL.

In the database one of the table is containing the field which stores the binary data.
for that Binary data
in SQL field type is ntext
in Access Field type is memo.

Now when i try to import from Access to SQL,binary data gets courrpted and give me wrong result.

Is this problem b'coze of datatype in SQL and access are different.

pls help me regarding this.

-Regards

Comments

• rirajatrirajat Posts: 20Member
    i never face this problem so i m not very sure but i think it will be better if u transfar ur access data in to txt/binary file and then try to transfar into sql

: Hi,
    :
    : I have created one application using VB-MSSQL 2000.
    : in this application facility to export the data from SQL to Access has been given.Also it has faclity to import from Access to SQL.
    :
    : In the database one of the table is containing the field which stores the binary data.
    : for that Binary data
    : in SQL field type is ntext
    : in Access Field type is memo.
    :
    : Now when i try to import from Access to SQL,binary data gets courrpted and give me wrong result.
    :
    : Is this problem b'coze of datatype in SQL and access are different.
    :
    : pls help me regarding this.
    :
    : -Regards
    :
    :