Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Edit, Creating and printing word Documents in VB 6

I need to create, edit and print word documents from a vb 6 program. Where can I get information on the commands to do this. I'm not looking for examples as much as I'm looking for explaintions of the commands.

Thanks

Comments

• kalan95kalan95 Member Posts: 7
    Make refference of the Word apps to your project first
    MS Word object 9.0 library

then

Dim objWrd As New Word.Application
    obiWrd.Visible = True
    objWrd.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal

This is one way how you bring Word App within VB. From here find from object browser as to how you may evoke Word application's events and methods of several objects those are integral part of Word App.
  • NTeslaNTesla Member Posts: 2
    : Make refference of the Word apps to your project first
    : MS Word object 9.0 library

I been able to get a test program to add text to a word doc like I want.

When I did the above I only had the option for MS Word object 9.0 library. I have Office XP Pro installed. Does that mean that Word from Office XP Pro is required or does this include all version up to XP

I've got a view questions however.

The text that I add to the document, how can I edit it I.E. insert taps and align left, right and center.

I have gotten the program to print the text, but it automatically spits it out to the default printer. How can I get the printer selection window to open or better yet automatically print to a predefined printer that is not the default printer.