Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

compiling a python prog

madazn89madazn89 Posts: 59Member
when i make a code in python how do i make the program run by its self, kind of like a exe...? my operating system is windows, and i read somewhere about python relating to linux or unix??
thanks for you help
frank

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : when i make a code in python how do i make the program run by its self, kind of like a exe...? my operating system is windows, and i read somewhere about python relating to linux or unix??

Python runs on many operating systems. In that regard it is similar to Java. You write the code, and the python interpreter is compiled to run on the different platforms. The idea is that you can (usually) write one program and run it on many different machines.

Python programs are not compiled into EXEs. They are scripts that are executed by an interpreter (python.exe). When you install python on a windows machine, .py and .pyw are registered as python programs so you can double-click scripts and windows will run them for you.

There are tools available that will package up the interpreter and your script(s) into an EXE but for learning there's no need to do that. You just write a script and run it. Developing in python is much faster that compiled languages.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]