Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Face recognition

ZakeZake Member Posts: 15
Anyone ever create a face recognition program using a Delphi?
I just need a sample program that can give a result 'i', if we give the program a picture of a face, after we train the program.

Comments

• biolyzerbiolyzer Member Posts: 4
    Hello :o)
    I believe this is a good place to start:
    http://www.visioninterface.net/fpiv04/papers.html
    The problem you are trying to solve is a typical pattern recognition problem.
    I guess you are just looking for a program to do the job. SO, it has not to be in Delphi. There are several packages in the net, many commercial, and some of them public release, even with source code (mostly C++ or Java). Delphians are not good enough when writting neural network programs. Face recognition is definitely a problem easy to tackle by neural networks. You need to feel the real taste of pattern recognition with C or Java. They are powerful enviroments, that accelerate any ANN application when many pixels have to be processed...
    Delphi is my favorite RAD tool, and it gives me fast answers to simple problems, however, with Delphi it will take ages to have a recognition result the way you want. I recommend to look for any software, any Face recognition software will do the job, even Delphi ones.

Your question is really general.
    Before looking or a face recognition software
    you could answer yourself such questions like
    1. how often do I have to ask the computer to recognize a face?
    2. how is my face database constructed, designed?
    3. what kind of report protocol do I need once a rexlt has been achieved?
    4. Does the time from input to output has a meaning in terms of productivity?
    5. Face recognition task as such, it is a real-time application?
    6. how much money I am ready to invest in such application?

Such answers could guide you through the process of deciding what is the best strategy to follow in order to implement a face recognition routine.

Anyway, to be pragmatic I recommend to have a look at www.google.com after typing this words: face recognition delphi program, you will get
    many links for such apps.
    Some interesting ones are those:
    www.identix.com/trends/afaqs/sdks.html
    www.arhungary.hu/contleft/3011/content.htm

Cheers

: Anyone ever create a face recognition program using a Delphi?
    : I just need a sample program that can give a result 'i', if we give the program a picture of a face, after we train the program.
    :

• dzanossidzanossi Member Posts: 6
    :You need to feel the real taste of pattern recognition with C or Java. :They are powerful enviroments, that accelerate any ANN application when :many pixels have to be processed...
    :Delphi is my favorite RAD tool, and it gives me fast answers to simple :problems, however, with Delphi it will take ages to have a recognition :result the way you want.

What do you substantially understand by saying that 'with Delphi it will take ages to have a recognition result the way you want' ? In what means Delphi is weaker and less powerful that the other environments ? Of course, everybody knows, that pascal syntax generally forces the decrease in performance of the executables. Also the syntax itself gives us less options, less power, than this of C. However, usually we can achieve the same results in less elegant but yet effective ways. Don't forget that pascal was designed as a scientific tool. Maybe its only the opinion people have about delphi ...
    Pascal code is not as effective as other languages but it surely has almost the same power.
    Can't wait for your opinion.

greets

phillip

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : :You need to feel the real taste of pattern recognition with C or Java. :They are powerful enviroments, that accelerate any ANN application when :many pixels have to be processed...
    : :Delphi is my favorite RAD tool, and it gives me fast answers to simple :problems, however, with Delphi it will take ages to have a recognition :result the way you want.
    :
    : What do you substantially understand by saying that 'with Delphi it will take ages to have a recognition result the way you want' ? In what means Delphi is weaker and less powerful that the other environments ? Of course, everybody knows, that pascal syntax generally forces the decrease in performance of the executables. Also the syntax itself gives us less options, less power, than this of C. However, usually we can achieve the same results in less elegant but yet effective ways. Don't forget that pascal was designed as a scientific tool. Maybe its only the opinion people have about delphi ...
    : Pascal code is not as effective as other languages but it surely has almost the same power.
    : Can't wait for your opinion.
    :
    : greets
    :
    : phillip
    :
    :
    Delphi is just as fast as VC++. The best language to code face recognition in is assembly, which can be directly coded into the Delphi source. As for less options in Delphi, that's true, but Delphi is getting more and more options. The only thing, which cannot be coded in Delphi is operator overloading.
    As a optimizing compiler Delphi creates executables, which are about as fast as executables created by C++ (especially BC++). As far as I know the BC++ and Delphi compilers are nearly the same, only the parser is different.
    As for the power of Pascal, it can be used to code the same programs as C. Some parts may be faster while others might be slower, but the program can do the same.