Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Voice recognition on embedded hardware.

Just wondering if anyone knows how plausible it would be to implement voice recognition system in hardware (eg a PIC).

My experience so far is purely software, and the applications are quite large. Has anyone heard of such ventures in the past?

Comments

• lateeflateef Posts: 22Member
    : Just wondering if anyone knows how plausible it would be to implement voice recognition system in hardware (eg a PIC).
    :
    : My experience so far is purely software, and the applications are quite large. Has anyone heard of such ventures in the past?
    :

It's a very possible idea. I've done some speech (not voice )recognition on Windows platform with not to many lines of code. I also intend to implement it in assembly (for an embedded OS). It depends on what u want to lose (accuracy, vocabulary size, etc) and most importantly on how efficiently you can translate your formulas into your target's machine code.

• merlin_barmerlin_bar Posts: 136Member
    : : Just wondering if anyone knows how plausible it would be to implement voice recognition system in hardware (eg a PIC).
    : :
    : : My experience so far is purely software, and the applications are quite large. Has anyone heard of such ventures in the past?
    :
    : It's a very possible idea. I've done some speech (not voice )recognition on Windows platform with not to many lines of code. I also intend to implement it in assembly (for an embedded OS). It depends on what u want to lose (accuracy, vocabulary size, etc) and most importantly on how efficiently you can translate your formulas into your target's machine code.
    :
    :
    Thanks for your reply. When I made the post I was not aware of the distinction between the two recognition types. I am interested in speech recognition with a vocabulary of less than 100 utterances.

Could you reccomend any reading material or online resources?

Regards,

merlin

• vamovamo Posts: 1Member
    : : : Just wondering if anyone knows how plausible it would be to implement voice recognition system in hardware (eg a PIC).
    : : :
    : : : My experience so far is purely software, and the applications are quite large. Has anyone heard of such ventures in the past?
    : : It's a very possible idea. I've done some speech (not voice )recognition on Windows platform with not to many lines of code. I also intend to implement it in assembly (for an embedded OS). It depends on what u want to lose (accuracy, vocabulary size, etc) and most importantly on how efficiently you can translate your formulas into your target's machine code.
    : Thanks for your reply. When I made the post I was not aware of the distinction between the two recognition types. I am interested in speech recognition with a vocabulary of less than 100 utterances.
    :
    : Could you reccomend any reading material or online resources?
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : merlin
    :
    :

Which speech recognition algorithm do you want to use? As I know common reliable methods need a lot of system resources and in this case PIC isn't good choice.
  • unholy9unholy9 Posts: 5Member
    : : : : Just wondering if anyone knows how plausible it would be to implement voice recognition system in hardware (eg a PIC).
    : : : :
    : : : : My experience so far is purely software, and the applications are quite large. Has anyone heard of such ventures in the past?
    : : : :
    : : : It's a very possible idea. I've done some speech (not voice )recognition on Windows platform with not to many lines of code. I also intend to implement it in assembly (for an embedded OS). It depends on what u want to lose (accuracy, vocabulary size, etc) and most importantly on how efficiently you can translate your formulas into your target's machine code.
    : : Thanks for your reply. When I made the post I was not aware of the distinction between the two recognition types. I am interested in speech recognition with a vocabulary of less than 100 utterances.
    : : Could you reccomend any reading material or online resources?
    : : Regards,
    : : merlin
    :
    : Which speech recognition algorithm do you want to use? As I know common reliable methods need a lot of system resources and in this case PIC isn't good choice.
    :

I have not yet chosen an algorithm. My knowledge of DSP is pretty basic. But I think the level of reliablility I want clashes with the low cost that I also want.
  • grupoidgrupoid Posts: 1Member
    I was reading about these on last few days, and I find a project based on HC05, with no ADC: it's a project called TinyVoice and I still can't understand how it works.

http://www.circuitcellar.com/pastissues/articles/Stewart91/Stewart-91.pdf

Does any of you have idea of the algo it's using?

Thanks in advance!

Enzo