Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Missing Templates and Features

Buddy LoveBuddy Love Posts: 3Member
Has anyone had the problem with missing features in your VB .Net 2003 layout?

I don't have items to create a stored procedure in Server Explorer when I right click on the Stored Procedures tab.

Also, in my New Projects tab I don't have the Setup Wizard in the Setup and Deployment Projects in the New Project tab.

Did I miss something when I installed this version? Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Comments

• sslvbnetsslvbnet Posts: 41Member
    You might be having 'Standard Edition' of VB .Net/VS .Net.
    These editions do not support the templates
  • Buddy LoveBuddy Love Posts: 3Member
    : You might be having 'Standard Edition' of VB .Net/VS .Net.
    : These editions do not support the templates
    :
    sslvbnet,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I have the Standard Edition. I wasn't aware that this wouldn't be included in the Standard Edition.

Another MS 'bait and switch.' I guess this is their way to suck another $600 out of people to buy the full edition. Very disappointing since I'm using and developing this for my PC here at home.

BL