Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Multiple search in database (URGENT PLEASE)

[b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)

I need this very urgent

i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.

i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.

thank you in advance.
Mark

Comments

• tejal_k_mehtatejal_k_mehta Posts: 23Member
    Hi,
    first of all ur question is not very clear.
    but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.

suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    then u can write the query like this.
    Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    hope this will help u.

: [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    :
    : I need this very urgent
    :
    : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    :
    : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    :
    : thank you in advance.
    : Mark
    :
    :
    :

• markos84markos84 Posts: 5Member
    Hi,
    the things u gave me helped

but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.

for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)

thank you in advance.

: Hi,
    : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    :
    : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : then u can write the query like this.
    : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : hope this will help u.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : :
    : : I need this very urgent
    : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : thank you in advance.
    : : Mark
  • rirajatrirajat Posts: 20Member
    hi
    ya i think so. but if u went to use two different from it may not be. but here it works if us put 2 text box in a from and a gread box in the same from and in the text box change event u write to update ur gread box then gread box will update automaticly.

Hi,
    : the things u gave me helped
    :
    : but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.
    :
    : for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)
    :
    : thank you in advance.
    :
    : : Hi,
    : : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    : : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : : then u can write the query like this.
    : : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : : hope this will help u.
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : : :
    : : : I need this very urgent
    : : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : : thank you in advance.
    : : : Mark
    :

• markos84markos84 Posts: 5Member
    Hi again

i am very sorry but i could not understand any word from the last post

anyways thank u very much for helping me...

: hi
    : ya i think so. but if u went to use two different from it may not be. but here it works if us put 2 text box in a from and a gread box in the same from and in the text box change event u write to update ur gread box then gread box will update automaticly.
    :
    : Hi,
    : : the things u gave me helped
    : : but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.
    : : for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)
    : : thank you in advance.
    : : : Hi,
    : : : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : : : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    : : : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : : : then u can write the query like this.
    : : : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : : : hope this will help u.
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : : : :
    : : : : I need this very urgent
    : : : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : : : thank you in advance.
    : : : : Mark
    :
    :