Multiple search in database (URGENT PLEASE) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Multiple search in database (URGENT PLEASE)

[b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)

I need this very urgent

i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.

i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.

thank you in advance.
Mark

Comments

• tejal_k_mehtatejal_k_mehta Posts: 23Member
    Hi,
    first of all ur question is not very clear.
    but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.

suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    then u can write the query like this.
    Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    hope this will help u.

: [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    :
    : I need this very urgent
    :
    : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    :
    : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    :
    : thank you in advance.
    : Mark
    :
    :
    :

• markos84markos84 Posts: 5Member
    Hi,
    the things u gave me helped

but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.

for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)

thank you in advance.

: Hi,
    : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    :
    : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : then u can write the query like this.
    : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : hope this will help u.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : :
    : : I need this very urgent
    : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : thank you in advance.
    : : Mark
  • rirajatrirajat Posts: 20Member
    hi
    ya i think so. but if u went to use two different from it may not be. but here it works if us put 2 text box in a from and a gread box in the same from and in the text box change event u write to update ur gread box then gread box will update automaticly.

Hi,
    : the things u gave me helped
    :
    : but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.
    :
    : for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)
    :
    : thank you in advance.
    :
    : : Hi,
    : : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    : : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : : then u can write the query like this.
    : : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : : hope this will help u.
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : : :
    : : : I need this very urgent
    : : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : : thank you in advance.
    : : : Mark
    :

• markos84markos84 Posts: 5Member
    Hi again

i am very sorry but i could not understand any word from the last post

anyways thank u very much for helping me...

: hi
    : ya i think so. but if u went to use two different from it may not be. but here it works if us put 2 text box in a from and a gread box in the same from and in the text box change event u write to update ur gread box then gread box will update automaticly.
    :
    : Hi,
    : : the things u gave me helped
    : : but here i want to extend my question to ask u if that can be done using VBA because i want the search to get the information (for example the A and U u gave) from a text entered by the user at run time.
    : : for example: i have a form which has two text boxes (one for name and the other for country), the user enters the data here and then he presses a search botton which is supposed to open another form but filtered to contain only the matched records (note that the form which is supposed to open is a previously defined form with all the records of the database taken sorted from a query)
    : : thank you in advance.
    : : : Hi,
    : : : first of all ur question is not very clear.
    : : : but as far as i understand i m giving u solution on that basis,may be it can help u.
    : : : suppos u want to search all that name which start from "A" and which live in the country which starts from "U"
    : : : then u can write the query like this.
    : : : Select Name,Country From Testtable where Name like 'a%' and country like 'u%'
    : : : hope this will help u.
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by markos84 at 2004-12-7 3:25:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Multiple search in database (using microsoft access)
    : : : :
    : : : : I need this very urgent
    : : : : i am doing a personal agenda which contains all my contacts and many information about each contact.
    : : : : i did them all in one table, made a good looking form for that table, but now what i need is a search button command to search all the records for any information needed. for example, if i type the following in name field: a* ; and i type at the same time the following in country field: U* ; the database should return all records which have in common all the typed information.
    : : : : thank you in advance.
    : : : : Mark
    :
    :