Networking - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Networking

miltoniomiltonio Posts: 2Member
I'm interested in writing programs, perhaps along the lines of an IRC chat program. I was wondering where I could find online manuals and/or references for this type of things.

Thanks

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I'm interested in writing programs, perhaps along the lines of an IRC chat program. I was wondering where I could find online manuals and/or references for this type of things.

You mean a reference of using sockets? There are lots on Google (what flavour of Pascal are you using? If it's an old DOS based one it'll be fairly difficult)

If you mean an IRC reference, it's RFC 1459 and you can find it at www.rfc-editor.org
  • miltoniomiltonio Posts: 2Member
    Mainly I'm just looking for a website or something that has examples of code that does various things