WaveIn Recording Level - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

WaveIn Recording Level

I am trying to set the record level for the wavein device. I need to be able to adjust this when recording. (Similar to MS Netmeeting).

Any help

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• : I am trying to set the record level for the wavein device. I need to be able to adjust this when recording. (Similar to MS Netmeeting).

:

: Any help

:

: Thanks

:

: Jason

:

Jason,

The device model for Windows audio doesn't in general have a record level for the waveIn device (that's why there's no waveInSetVolume() function). It DOES, however, usually have volume fader controls associated with the different sound sources that the mixer can route to waveIn, including, for example, a sound card's microphone.

MSDN has a couple of articles online that describe how to get and set microphone volume levels, so I'd suggest taking a look at those. Be advised, however, that doing this in your program is a bit complicated, and I've heard rumor that it's VERY difficult to come up with an implementation that works reliably across different sound card vendors' products. You might be better off asking your users to adjust the volume themselves using the mixer application...

• I've tried to use the mixer functions from the Windows platform SDK, I tried the source samples from the codeguru webpage (www.codeguru.com) and I tried to mix my own work with the other samples. But nothing did work at all! The only thing I can do is adjusting the output volume, but the wave-in/microphone-level seems to be unable to adjust!? Does anyone have some ideas? It's very urgent!!

• caulycauly Posts: 12Member
    : I've tried to use the mixer functions from the Windows platform SDK, I tried the source samples from the codeguru webpage (www.codeguru.com) and I tried to mix my own work with the other samples. But nothing did work at all! The only thing I can do is adjusting the output volume, but the wave-in/microphone-level seems to be unable to adjust!? Does anyone have some ideas? It's very urgent!!
    :
    :
    Just a stupid idea but why not call the sndvol32.exe file in the windows directory musing the shell API ?
    This has all your mic in, line in, volumes etc on it!

Cauly