Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

NEED HELP!!!

ntollesonntolleson Posts: 5Member
i have to do a blackjack program for my visual basic.net class and i'm stuck! i'm supposed to create a "you vs. the computer" game. the player should start off with a certain number of credits, and add to or diminish the account, based on the standard rules of blackjack. i'm supposed to use a graphic array for the cards. i have the cards in a folder, and they are .gif files.
*the user should have their choice of card backs, starting amount, even multiple play options.
*the user should be able to open their account each time they open the game and it should be updated when they leave.
i can't seem to figure this program out. one the probems i'm having is programming the computer to play. i also get my head around populating the graphic array with the .gif files, or linking to vb.net program to the .gif files.

if anyone could give me any assistance or (preffered) the source code and send them to ntolles1@rochester.rr.com, i would greatly appreciate it. i need to get this program done before december 10.

Comments

• BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    >> or (preffered) the source code ...

You've got to be kidding!

I, among many, I'm sure, would be hapy to help with any specific problems you run into while creating this app, but why would someone want to do your homework for you? Why are you even taking the class if you're not in it to learn?

At least give it a shot. When you get hung up on something, post a question along with what you tried and we'll get it figured out.

Good luck in your assignment.
  • ntollesonntolleson Posts: 5Member
    yeah, i like to learn, but these programs are killing me!!!
    when we first started making visual programs from the text book, they didn't seem very complicated. i got pretty much every program that was assigned from the book done. however, once we started to do programs outside the book, i have been having problems. i'm a horrible programmer, and am taking this class simply because i have to. i'm fine when it comes to simple programs, but once i start hitting arrays, structs, classes, ect., i become very lost.
    you are right in stating that it's cheap to try and get someone to do it for me, but i just don't know where to start! i have a simple splash screen done, and i have a main form. i plan on using five pictureboxes, one for each card, with a start, a stay, and a keep button. i planned on making a module that housed a public graphic array that i would use to populate it with the .gif files.
    i'm just completely lost!!!
  • btsebbtseb Posts: 67Member
    : yeah, i like to learn, but these programs are killing me!!!
    : when we first started making visual programs from the text book, they didn't seem very complicated. i got pretty much every program that was assigned from the book done. however, once we started to do programs outside the book, i have been having problems. i'm a horrible programmer, and am taking this class simply because i have to. i'm fine when it comes to simple programs, but once i start hitting arrays, structs, classes, ect., i become very lost.
    : you are right in stating that it's cheap to try and get someone to do it for me, but i just don't know where to start! i have a simple splash screen done, and i have a main form. i plan on using five pictureboxes, one for each card, with a start, a stay, and a keep button. i planned on making a module that housed a public graphic array that i would use to populate it with the .gif files.
    : i'm just completely lost!!!
    :
    Check out:
    http://www.1javastreet.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1026&lngWId=10

This may give you a direction
  • ntollesonntolleson Posts: 5Member