Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Search engine help for ACCESS 2000 database

I have a Access 2000 database I am trying to write a search routine for. I can get the basic search engine to work fine but I am having trouble trying to get multiple fields to show at the same time.
My table has the following fields "Part_Number";"description";
"NTE_Cross";"Location".
When I search for a specific part number to be displayed and I also want the corresponding NTE part cross to be displayed and every other "Part_number" with that NTE number. I also need the location of each NTE cross to be displayed. I can get a single record to show without any problem. It's the other records I cant get.
I have tried several different approaches to this and cant come up with a sensible solution.
Can someone please give me some sample code to play with on this subject.

I am using VB6.0 Pro.
Thank you,

Ken Fields
kwfields969@iesgso.com

Also, can I use SQL statements with a ACCESS database? It would make my life alot easier. :)

Comments

• schiavosschiavos Member Posts: 9
    I notice you got no reply in six months. Have you solved your problem?

Yes, you use SQL with Access from VB. It's different from vb.net than vb.6, of course. I assume you know the SQL selection you wish to use. YOu put that text into the slectcommand.commandtext of a dataadapter in VB.Net, or in the recordsource of a datacontrol in VB.6.

I hope you've got it solved by now.

SS

: I have a Access 2000 database I am trying to write a search routine for. I can get the basic search engine to work fine but I am having trouble trying to get multiple fields to show at the same time.
    : My table has the following fields "Part_Number";"description";
    : "NTE_Cross";"Location".
    : When I search for a specific part number to be displayed and I also want the corresponding NTE part cross to be displayed and every other "Part_number" with that NTE number. I also need the location of each NTE cross to be displayed. I can get a single record to show without any problem. It's the other records I cant get.
    : I have tried several different approaches to this and cant come up with a sensible solution.
    : Can someone please give me some sample code to play with on this subject.
    :
    : I am using VB6.0 Pro.
    : Thank you,
    :
    : Ken Fields
    : kwfields969@iesgso.com
    :
    : Also, can I use SQL statements with a ACCESS database? It would make my life alot easier. :)
    :