Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Auto run and Short cut (Desk top)

kalan95kalan95 Posts: 7Member
Could someone help me to write commands that make the setup.exe run automatically and create a shortcut on the client's desktop. I know I have to add some lines to the SETUP.LST, please can any one tell what to add.

Thanks
Don

Comments

• Raushan_IndiaRaushan_India Posts: 19Member
    : Could someone help me to write commands that make the setup.exe run automatically and create a shortcut on the client's desktop. I know I have to add some lines to the SETUP.LST, please can any one tell what to add.
    :
    : Thanks
    : Don
    :

first of all create a setup program
    type this code in a notepad

-----------------------------
    [AutoRun]
    Open=setup.Exe
    Icon=Checkmrk.ico
    -----------------------------

now save this notepad file as "autorun.inf" and this to must not b in a folder so that when a cd rom searches for autorun file it gets it in
    current directory
    same with setup.exe this is the main point the user has to remember while creating a autorun cd

in which the setup.exe is the main setup.exe
    and checkmrk.ico is the icon if u want to place a icon
    this icon is viewed when one opens the explorer and the cd is in
    drive
    u can change the checkmrk as per ur convience take it easay its only filename of icon file

but remeber the most important thing
    the setup.exe must not b in a folder
    if a user browse a cd then he must b able to see that setup.exe

hope this works no wait..... this will work
    so enjoy.................
    if problem persists let me noe........raushan@nucleationtechnologies.com

• Raushan_IndiaRaushan_India Posts: 19Member
    : : Could someone help me to write commands that make the setup.exe run automatically and create a shortcut on the client's desktop. I know I have to add some lines to the SETUP.LST, please can any one tell what to add.
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : : Don
    : :
    :
    :
    : first of all create a setup program
    : type this code in a notepad
    :
    : -----------------------------
    : [AutoRun]
    : Open=setup.Exe
    : Icon=Checkmrk.ico
    : -----------------------------
    :
    :
    : now save this notepad file as "autorun.inf" and this to must not b in a folder so that when a cd rom searches for autorun file it gets it in
    : current directory
    : same with setup.exe this is the main point the user has to remember while creating a autorun cd
    :
    :
    : in which the setup.exe is the main setup.exe
    : and checkmrk.ico is the icon if u want to place a icon
    : this icon is viewed when one opens the explorer and the cd is in
    : drive
    : u can change the checkmrk as per ur convience take it easay its only filename of icon file
    :
    : but remeber the most important thing
    : the setup.exe must not b in a folder
    : if a user browse a cd then he must b able to see that setup.exe
    :
    :
    : hope this works no wait..... this will work
    : so enjoy.................
    : if problem persists let me noe........raushan@nucleationtechnologies.com
    :
    :
    :
    :

and if u want to create a shortcut there are api functions which can satisfy u but these r a very lengthy process the most cheaper method is bring that exe in documents list and then copy that shortcut it is in C:windows
    ecent a hidden directory in 98

hope this helps but if u want to make it through api u can send me ur email

enjoy vb