how to change fiel extension from .cpp to .exe

I am using visual 6.0 and when I save my .cpp programs as .exe they dont run. I think Borland creates a .exe file automatically. I imagine there is a simple answer but I cant think of it.

Comments

• : I am using visual 6.0 and when I save my .cpp programs as .exe they dont run. I think Borland creates a .exe file automatically. I imagine there is a simple answer but I cant think of it.
    :

*.cpp is nothing more than a text file in human-readable form. You have to tell the compiler to compile it and generate the *.exe file, simply renaming the * cpp to *.exe will do nothing.

First create a console project if you have not already done so. After that, select the Build menu option and you will see several sub-menus. You should be able to figure out how to compile your program from there.
  • : : I am using visual 6.0 and when I save my .cpp programs as .exe they dont run. I think Borland creates a .exe file automatically. I imagine there is a simple answer but I cant think of it.
    : :
    :
    : *.cpp is nothing more than a text file in human-readable form. You have to tell the compiler to compile it and generate the *.exe file, simply renaming the * cpp to *.exe will do nothing.
    :
    : First create a console project if you have not already done so. After that, select the Build menu option and you will see several sub-menus. You should be able to figure out how to compile your program from there.
    :
    Cheers stober I knew it would be something simple. I am only after starting to use .net in college and you have to create a new console project in order to build a program. So .exe files were created when I was in college but not at home with visual 6.0. because I normally write programs in .cpp files without creating a project folder for them.