Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How soon will we ALL be outsourced?

I've been reading a lot news about IT jobs being outsourced to countries overseas. Programmers in these depressed countries can afford to work for $5 per hour and support their families just fine. Of course as a professional programmer in the US, this is beginning to scare the f'ing hell out of me. How long before there are no more programming jobs in the US? I'm thinking in five to ten (tops) years we'll all be fighting for the remaining few scaps of programming work left in our country. If there are even scraps left. How do you guys feel about this? What can we do besides learn a new trade? Maybe that's all we can do.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I've been reading a lot news about IT jobs being outsourced to countries overseas. Programmers in these depressed countries can afford to work for $5 per hour and support their families just fine. Of course as a professional programmer in the US, this is beginning to scare the f'ing hell out of me. How long before there are no more programming jobs in the US? I'm thinking in five to ten (tops) years we'll all be fighting for the remaining few scaps of programming work left in our country. If there are even scraps left. How do you guys feel about this? What can we do besides learn a new trade? Maybe that's all we can do.
    :
    :
    Emigrate to those countries and start getting used to living of $5/hour is one option which springs to mind.
  • OmniusOmnius Posts: 2Member
    : : I've been reading a lot news about IT jobs being outsourced to countries overseas. Programmers in these depressed countries can afford to work for $5 per hour and support their families just fine. Of course as a professional programmer in the US, this is beginning to scare the f'ing hell out of me. How long before there are no more programming jobs in the US? I'm thinking in five to ten (tops) years we'll all be fighting for the remaining few scaps of programming work left in our country. If there are even scraps left. How do you guys feel about this? What can we do besides learn a new trade? Maybe that's all we can do.
    : :
    : Emigrate to those countries and start getting used to living of $5/hour is one option which springs to mind.
    :

Hmmmm, does't sound like much of an option for more than -maybe- one out of ten thousand programmers. Any more realistic ideas?

• leeosleeos Posts: 1,212Member
    : : : I've been reading a lot news about IT jobs being outsourced to countries overseas. Programmers in these depressed countries can afford to work for $5 per hour and support their families just fine. Of course as a professional programmer in the US, this is beginning to scare the f'ing hell out of me. How long before there are no more programming jobs in the US? I'm thinking in five to ten (tops) years we'll all be fighting for the remaining few scaps of programming work left in our country. If there are even scraps left. How do you guys feel about this? What can we do besides learn a new trade? Maybe that's all we can do.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : Emigrate to those countries and start getting used to living of $5/hour is one option which springs to mind.
    :
    : Hmmmm, does't sound like much of an option for more than -maybe- one out of ten thousand programmers. Any more realistic ideas?
    :
    its just the same as robots spraying cars.

set yourself up as an out sourced code validator/consultant. theres always ways to make money.