Getting Started programming pro-auido software - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Getting Started programming pro-auido software

I am into pro audio and would find it extremely usefull to be able to write some simple audio programs for myself. (calculating certain frequencies, generating tones, ect.) I guess my question is what languge should I begin learning? Are certain languages more focused towards audio?

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    : I am into pro audio and would find it extremely usefull to be able to write some simple audio programs for myself. (calculating certain frequencies, generating tones, ect.) I guess my question is what languge should I begin learning? Are certain languages more focused towards audio?
    :

I don't know of any language specializing in audio.

Maybe try working with c, c++ or assembly. These languages give a lot of control and efficiency when it comes to calculations and input/output with files(ie. audio files). Learning c first is good. Assembly can be used from within your c code so it becomes easy to learn. Some people have told me that drivers are best made with c and assembly, however, I've never done it.

If you learn any audio formats or have any success programming with audio files, please contact me... I want to learn more about sound recognition(AI) and processing of audio data myself.

• j1e0j1e0 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the advice. I will let you know if I learn anything, however I'm really starting from scratch and havent decided whether to teach myself or find a school. I'm currently going to school at Full Sail for Recording Arts (audio engineering), if you have any questions I can answer. [email protected]