Getting Started programming pro-auido software - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting Started programming pro-auido software

I am into pro audio and would find it extremely usefull to be able to write some simple audio programs for myself. (calculating certain frequencies, generating tones, ect.) I guess my question is what languge should I begin learning? Are certain languages more focused towards audio?

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    : I am into pro audio and would find it extremely usefull to be able to write some simple audio programs for myself. (calculating certain frequencies, generating tones, ect.) I guess my question is what languge should I begin learning? Are certain languages more focused towards audio?
    :

I don't know of any language specializing in audio.

Maybe try working with c, c++ or assembly. These languages give a lot of control and efficiency when it comes to calculations and input/output with files(ie. audio files). Learning c first is good. Assembly can be used from within your c code so it becomes easy to learn. Some people have told me that drivers are best made with c and assembly, however, I've never done it.

If you learn any audio formats or have any success programming with audio files, please contact me... I want to learn more about sound recognition(AI) and processing of audio data myself.

• j1e0j1e0 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the advice. I will let you know if I learn anything, however I'm really starting from scratch and havent decided whether to teach myself or find a school. I'm currently going to school at Full Sail for Recording Arts (audio engineering), if you have any questions I can answer. J1e0@hotmail.com