Help with VB Functions - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help with VB Functions

SuperwomanSuperwoman Posts: 4Member
Hi if anyone can help me with these 4 functions I woud be very grateful.
Have to write functions as well as make program run in Visual Basic.

A. Write a private function that takes 2 surnames as arguments, and returns 1 if the
surnames are equal, or 0 if unequal. Be careful to match cases.

B. Write a public function named IsInRange(), which takes one numeric argument, and
returns a Boolean value depending on whether that arguments value is within the inclusive
range 100 to +100.

C. Write a function which takes 2 integer arguments (say p and q), and returns 1 if p is a
factor of q, otherwise returns 0. For example, if the functions arguments were (4, 20) then
the function would return 1 because 4 is a factor of 20.

D. Write a function that takes hours worked and rate of pay as arguments, and returns the
amount due. Using this function, create a program whose purpose is to calculate and
display the total pay (i.e. the amount due) to an employee after that employee has entered
his/her name, payroll number, and other necessary details through text boxes.

Thanks Very Much

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : Hi if anyone can help me with these 4 functions I woud be very grateful.
    : Have to write functions as well as make program run in Visual Basic.
    :
    :
    : A. Write a private function that takes 2 surnames as arguments, and returns 1 if the
    : surnames are equal, or 0 if unequal. Be careful to match cases.
    :
    :
    :
    : B. Write a public function named IsInRange(), which takes one numeric argument, and
    : returns a Boolean value depending on whether that arguments value is within the inclusive
    : range 100 to +100.
    :
    :
    : C. Write a function which takes 2 integer arguments (say p and q), and returns 1 if p is a
    : factor of q, otherwise returns 0. For example, if the functions arguments were (4, 20) then
    : the function would return 1 because 4 is a factor of 20.
    :
    :
    : D. Write a function that takes hours worked and rate of pay as arguments, and returns the
    : amount due. Using this function, create a program whose purpose is to calculate and
    : display the total pay (i.e. the amount due) to an employee after that employee has entered
    : his/her name, payroll number, and other necessary details through text boxes.
    :
    : Thanks Very Much
    :

[code]
    Private Function IsFactor(ByVal p As Integer, ByVal q As Integer) As Boolean
    IsFactor = (q = Fac(p))
    End Function

Private Function Fac(ByVal Num As Integer) As Long
    Dim i As Integer
    If Num < 0 Then Exit Function
    Fac = 1
    For i = 1 To Num
    Fac = Fac * i
    Next i
    End Function

Private Function CompareSurnames(ByVal Sur1 As String, ByVal Sur2 As String) As Integer
    CompareSurnames = IIf(StrComp(Sur1, Sur2, vbBinaryCompare) = 0, 0, 1)
    End Function

Public Function IsInRange(ByVal ValueToTest As Long) As Boolean
    IsInRange = (ValueToTest <= 100 And ValueToTest >= -100)
    End Function

Private Function GetAmountDue(ByVal Hours As Single, ByVal RateOfPay As Single) As Single
    GetAmountDue = Hours * RateOfPay
    End Function[/code]
    this should work..
    And next time you should TRY to write this youself.

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]