Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How t oaccess a banned website?

SamzJourneySamzJourney Member Posts: 3
I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.

Comments

• Gaurav JainGaurav Jain Member Posts: 1
    : I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.
    :

Probably the site has been blocked at the ISP itself. This blocking could be on the basis of IP or URL. So as a user cant do much about it.

If its on the basis of IP you could try to connect some external server and access the site through it.

If its on the basis of URL then i guess nothing much could be done in it.
  • JakykongJakykong Member Posts: 103
    : : I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.
    : :
    :
    :
    : Probably the site has been blocked at the ISP itself. This blocking could be on the basis of IP or URL. So as a user cant do much about it.
    :
    : If its on the basis of IP you could try to connect some external server and access the site through it.
    :
    : If its on the basis of URL then i guess nothing much could be done in it.
    :

Why are you trying to access a restricted site in the first place? The only sites i know of that the government would restrict aren't a good thing to access even if it weren't banned!
    Sincerely,
    Jakykong (Jack Mudge)
    "Child prodigy since 6"
    jack_mudge@hotmail.com

• MargaloMargalo Member Posts: 75
    : : : I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.
    : : :
    : : Probably the site has been blocked at the ISP itself. This blocking could be on the basis of IP or URL. So as a user cant do much about it.
    : : If its on the basis of IP you could try to connect some external server and access the site through it.
    : : If its on the basis of URL then i guess nothing much could be done in it.
    :
    : Why are you trying to access a restricted site in the first place? The only sites i know of that the government would restrict aren't a good thing to access even if it weren't banned!
    : Sincerely,
    : Jakykong (Jack Mudge)
    : "Child prodigy since 6"
    : jack_mudge@hotmail.com
    :
    :
    I know this post is knida old but I have an answer! Its realy not all that hard, there are quite a few ways to do that. the simplest of which would be to use a proxy network. (or proxy server but those are more complicated) The best proxy networks I know of are "www.superproxy.be" and "www.peek-a-booty.org"

Just trying to help!

[hr]
    [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    -OG[/purple]
    [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]
    [red]-Margalo ;-)

• Jontom XireJontom Xire Member Posts: 6
    Try one of the many anonymiser services. They are kind of like a proxy, but they wrap the target website in their own webpage (sort of - some of them do anyway).

Mr Jack Mudge, I have a newflash for you. Governments are not necessarily good, and many governments ban websites just because they express sentiments that are opposite to the government's views. Such as expressing a desire for democracy. In some countries you can be thrown in jail for an indefinite period just for saying things like "I want to be able to have an input on the decision as to who decides the laws I have to live by" or "I think the current ruler is incompetent", or even just for accessing sites that say such things. Sites from foreign countries that say things like " The government of China is evil because it suppresses free speech and murders innocent students for expressing their political opinion" are blocked and inaccessible in China.

Try engaging your brain before getting on your moral high-horse.

: : : : I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.
    : : : :
    : : : Probably the site has been blocked at the ISP itself. This blocking could be on the basis of IP or URL. So as a user cant do much about it.
    : : : If its on the basis of IP you could try to connect some external server and access the site through it.
    : : : If its on the basis of URL then i guess nothing much could be done in it.
    : : Why are you trying to access a restricted site in the first place? The only sites i know of that the government would restrict aren't a good thing to access even if it weren't banned!
    : : Sincerely,
    : : Jakykong (Jack Mudge)
    : : "Child prodigy since 6"
    : : jack_mudge@hotmail.com
    : I know this post is knida old but I have an answer! Its realy not all that hard, there are quite a few ways to do that. the simplest of which would be to use a proxy network. (or proxy server but those are more complicated) The best proxy networks I know of are "www.superproxy.be" and "www.peek-a-booty.org"
    :
    : Just trying to help!
    :
    : [hr]
    : [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    : -OG[/purple]
    : [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]
    : [red]-Margalo ;-)
    :
    :

Here here Jontom! truer words are rarely spoken but Could you elaborate a bit on the anonymiser services I have never heard of those before and am slightly interested. (any example services) thanks!
    -Margalo

: Try one of the many anonymiser services. They are kind of like a proxy, but they wrap the target website in their own webpage (sort of - some of them do anyway).
    :
    : Mr Jack Mudge, I have a newflash for you. Governments are not necessarily good, and many governments ban websites just because they express sentiments that are opposite to the government's views. Such as expressing a desire for democracy. In some countries you can be thrown in jail for an indefinite period just for saying things like "I want to be able to have an input on the decision as to who decides the laws I have to live by" or "I think the current ruler is incompetent", or even just for accessing sites that say such things. Sites from foreign countries that say things like " The government of China is evil because it suppresses free speech and murders innocent students for expressing their political opinion" are blocked and inaccessible in China.
    :
    : Try engaging your brain before getting on your moral high-horse.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : : : : I am trying to access a website which is banned by the government and i cant access it. Help plz.
    : : : : :
    : : : : Probably the site has been blocked at the ISP itself. This blocking could be on the basis of IP or URL. So as a user cant do much about it.
    : : : : If its on the basis of IP you could try to connect some external server and access the site through it.
    : : : : If its on the basis of URL then i guess nothing much could be done in it.
    : : : Why are you trying to access a restricted site in the first place? The only sites i know of that the government would restrict aren't a good thing to access even if it weren't banned!
    : : : Sincerely,
    : : : Jakykong (Jack Mudge)
    : : : "Child prodigy since 6"
    : : : jack_mudge@hotmail.com
    : : I know this post is knida old but I have an answer! Its realy not all that hard, there are quite a few ways to do that. the simplest of which would be to use a proxy network. (or proxy server but those are more complicated) The best proxy networks I know of are "www.superproxy.be" and "www.peek-a-booty.org"
    : : Just trying to help!
    : : [hr]
    : : [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    : : -OG[/purple]
    : : [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]
    : : [red]-Margalo ;-)
    :
    :

• Jontom XireJontom Xire Member Posts: 6
    To anonymise your access, try:

1) Search Google for anonymiser or anonymizer (bloody Americans).
    2) Check this out: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/15/privacy_anonymity (page 2 is most applicable)
    3) Check this out: http://tor.eff.org/

The last is probably the most powerful but will also have the most lag in the connection.

If you're interested in issues of security and personal privacy, The Register has a lot of articles about such issues, mostly from a UK or US perspective though.
  • casio-games.tkcasio-games.tk Member Posts: 35
    Remember that some governments or schools have VERY simple blocking methods. In my school we cant access some websites (or google up our own names :-O ).We have to right-click the webwasher-symbol in the corner of the screen and choose "Close webwasher" .

It's true!

[hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

: Remember that some governments or schools have VERY simple blocking methods. In my school we cant access some websites (or google up our own names :-O ).We have to right-click the webwasher-symbol in the corner of the screen and choose "Close webwasher" .
    :
    : It's true!
    :
    :
    : [hr][hr]
    : Don't write pH, write Ph!
    :
    :
    :
    :
    schools, very probable. But I doubt very much that Government restriction would be anyware NEAR that easy.
    Also I have a revised list of proxy networks:
    www.superproxy.be
    www.proxykey.com
    www.projectbypass.com
    www.peacefire.org (via www.StupidCensorship.com)
    http://webproxy.kaxy.com/index.php
    www.snoopblocker.com

[hr]
    [purple][italic]I remain gentelmen you obedeiant servant[b]
    -OG[/purple]
    [/b][/purple][/italic][/red]
    [red]-Margalo ;-)