Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I need some input

PrincessSarahPrincessSarah Posts: 1Member
My school offers computer programming, as I'm sure most high schools do. Our teacher who first set up how the course would go, had it set up so we did QBASIC, HTML, and then C++. However, she has left and we've barely learned any BASIC. Our new teacher has no idea what he's doing and can't teach very well. I wanted some input possibly on possible lesson plans or other places to get info on QBASIC that idiots who barely know how to use a computer would be able to understand. I'm teaching myself but I'm worried about the rest of the class. I fear that they will fall behind and it will all be a waste of their time. I'm trying to do all I can for the teacher as I feel sorry for him and I also just want to help out the class so that we don't waste our time like we have been doing. Any input at all on this situation would be helpful. Also, if anyone could provide a good URL to a good download of QBASIC would be helpful as we have to download the program onto the computers that don't have it on them already.
Thank you for any and all cooperation
Yours Truly,
Sarah

Comments

• diffeecultdiffeecult Posts: 14Member
    : My school offers computer programming, as I'm sure most high schools do. Our teacher who first set up how the course would go, had it set up so we did QBASIC, HTML, and then C++. However, she has left and we've barely learned any BASIC. Our new teacher has no idea what he's doing and can't teach very well. I wanted some input possibly on possible lesson plans or other places to get info on QBASIC that idiots who barely know how to use a computer would be able to understand. I'm teaching myself but I'm worried about the rest of the class. I fear that they will fall behind and it will all be a waste of their time. I'm trying to do all I can for the teacher as I feel sorry for him and I also just want to help out the class so that we don't waste our time like we have been doing. Any input at all on this situation would be helpful. Also, if anyone could provide a good URL to a good download of QBASIC would be helpful as we have to download the program onto the computers that don't have it on them already.
    : Thank you for any and all cooperation
    : Yours Truly,
    : Sarah
    :
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/brisray/qbasic/qdload.htm
  • max-inSeattlemax-inSeattle Posts: 1Member
    This isn't really a reply, it's more of an echo: yes, could someone point [us] to a downloadable copy of QBASIC?

And I'm so far behind I need another copy of GWBASIC, altho I think it doesn't run with WINDOWS-ME. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this is the correct link. Sorry about the other one. This guy has several versions.
    http://www.brisray.com/qbasic/qdload.htm

: This isn't really a reply, it's more of an echo: yes, could someone point [us] to a downloadable copy of QBASIC?
    :
    : And I'm so far behind I need another copy of GWBASIC, altho I think it doesn't run with WINDOWS-ME. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
    :
    :
    :
    This site has GWBASIC.

http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html
  • merovingian30merovingian30 Posts: 2Member
    Just wanted to say thanks for info on the download sites. I really appreciate it. Not like I started this thread but it's best to find and seek than to shout out "I need help" when the information is allready out there :). Thanks again.

: I think this is the correct link. Sorry about the other one. This guy has several versions.
    : http://www.brisray.com/qbasic/qdload.htm
    :
    :