Assembley Language

What exactly is assembley language and where could I go to learn it. Also, do I have to learn any other programming langage before I learn assembley?
---Awwww Man!!!!

Comments

• : What exactly is assembley language and where could I go to learn it. Also, do I have to learn any other programming langage before I learn assembley?
    : ---Awwww Man!!!!
    :

If ya know a other language it will help,
    but on how to learn it: look at the tutorial/example files on this site
    under assembly
  • : What exactly is assembley language and where could I go to learn it. Also, do I have to learn any other programming langage before I learn assembley?
    [green]
    Assembly language is a programming language that represents the CPU's opcodes in a readable format. To keep it simple I would learn assembly language first and then move on to a higher level language you'll do better that way in my opinion. Do a search on google for the book "Art of Assembly Language" and "Assembly Language: Step By Step". The former one is free to download and read.
    [/green]

:
    assembly language differs not only depending on a CPU-type, but depending on the assembler program (which translates Your sourcecode to a binary) too!
    Thus You need to decide this cases before You code anything.
    If You want to program an AT-PC, Your best choice would be the nasm-assembler, which uses a dialect close to intel-standard. It's available for free at
    http://sourceforge.net/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage
    It comes with a very well done documentation. You can find every mnemonik
    and adressing-mode explained.

But there will be a second problem, You will come to, when You want to program anything - the operating system, which should run Your binary.
    You will find a lot of limitations given by the OS, if Yo want to adress in memory or in a drive.
    If You would like to prevent those limitations, You could try my own OS, which I published at
    www.rcfriz.de
    This OS contains a bootloader and a lot of usable code for tutorial purpose. A lot of questions, You will have, when You start to program, are answered there.