RecordCount, do not work property with Joined Fields - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RecordCount, do not work property with Joined Fields

Hi, I have a problem with the function RecordCount. Do not work property where I activated the Joined Fields. I have for example 5 Record, and the function return 2 as show here.

Mastersource Table tableEditorial
Editorial Name
1 Anaya multimedia
2 Mcgraw-Hill
3 Ra-Ma

Joined by tableEditoria.Editoria->book.Editoria

Detail Table book
Id Editorial title author
122 1 xxxx any
123 1 tttt any
123 2 other fff
322 3 Another fff
456 3 tyyytt ffff

We are in record 1 of Table Editorial, the grid shown record is 122,123 in table Book. I used the recordcount,but it result 2.
I need the total of record, that is 5. What is up?
THANK. Armando Blanco

Comments

• softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    : Hi, I have a problem with the function RecordCount. Do not work property where I activated the Joined Fields. I have for example 5 Record, and the function return 2 as show here.
    :
    : Mastersource Table tableEditorial
    : Editorial Name
    : 1 Anaya multimedia
    : 2 Mcgraw-Hill
    : 3 Ra-Ma
    :
    : Joined by tableEditoria.Editoria->book.Editoria
    :
    : Detail Table book
    : Id Editorial title author
    : 122 1 xxxx any
    : 123 1 tttt any
    : 123 2 other fff
    : 322 3 Another fff
    : 456 3 tyyytt ffff
    :
    : We are in record 1 of Table Editorial, the grid shown record is 122,123 in table Book. I used the recordcount,but it result 2.
    : I need the total of record, that is 5. What is up?
    : THANK. Armando Blanco
    :
    :

Hi!

If you set your master-detail relationship, the recordcount in the detail table result the number of the matching records. It is proper,so you can handle the resultset this way properly... If you wanna get the real recordcount, turn off the relationsip for a short while, and check the recorncount, then reset the relationsip. If you call the master table disablecontrols, and then check the recornumbers, then call the table enablecontrols function, you will get the same result, and the user wont notice anything at all.
    Maybe someone could came up with better ideas, but thats what I could figure out right now.

\///
    /O O
    | | |
    | _ |
    ___/
    SoftMan

• arnandoyamirarnandoyamir Posts: 14Member
    : : Hi, I have a problem with the function RecordCount. Do not work property where I activated the Joined Fields. I have for example 5 Record, and the function return 2 as show here.
    : :
    : : Mastersource Table tableEditorial
    : : Editorial Name
    : : 1 Anaya multimedia
    : : 2 Mcgraw-Hill
    : : 3 Ra-Ma
    : : Joined by tableEditoria.Editoria->book.Editoria
    : : Detail Table book
    : : Id Editorial title author
    : : 122 1 xxxx any
    : : 123 1 tttt any
    : : 123 2 other fff
    : : 322 3 Another fff
    : : 456 3 tyyytt ffff
    : : We are in record 1 of Table Editorial, the grid shown record is 122,123 in table Book. I used the recordcount,but it result 2.
    : : I need the total of record, that is 5. What is up?
    : : THANK. Armando Blanco
    :
    : Hi!
    :
    : If you set your master-detail relationship, the recordcount in the detail table result the number of the matching records. It is proper,so you can handle the resultset this way properly... If you wanna get the real recordcount, turn off the relationsip for a short while, and check the recorncount, then reset the relationsip. If you call the master table disablecontrols, and then check the recornumbers, then call the table enablecontrols function, you will get the same result, and the user wont notice anything at all.
    : Maybe someone could came up with better ideas, but thats what I could figure out right now.
    :
    :
    : \///
    : /O O
    : | | |
    : | _ |
    : ___/
    : SoftMan
    :
    :

• arnandoyamirarnandoyamir Posts: 14Member
    : : : Hi, I have a problem with the function RecordCount. Do not work property where I activated the Joined Fields. I have for example 5 Record, and the function return 2 as show here.
    : : :
    : : : Mastersource Table tableEditorial
    : : : Editorial Name
    : : : 1 Anaya multimedia
    : : : 2 Mcgraw-Hill
    : : : 3 Ra-Ma
    : : : Joined by tableEditoria.Editoria->book.Editoria
    : : : Detail Table book
    : : : Id Editorial title author
    : : : 122 1 xxxx any
    : : : 123 1 tttt any
    : : : 123 2 other fff
    : : : 322 3 Another fff
    : : : 456 3 tyyytt ffff
    : : : We are in record 1 of Table Editorial, the grid shown record is 122,123 in table Book. I used the recordcount,but it result 2.
    : : : I need the total of record, that is 5. What is up?
    : : : THANK. Armando Blanco
    : : Hi!
    : : If you set your master-detail relationship, the recordcount in the detail table result the number of the matching records. It is proper,so you can handle the resultset this way properly... If you wanna get the real recordcount, turn off the relationsip for a short while, and check the recorncount, then reset the relationsip. If you call the master table disablecontrols, and then check the recornumbers, then call the table enablecontrols function, you will get the same result, and the user wont notice anything at all.
    : : Maybe someone could came up with better ideas, but thats what I could figure out right now.
    : : \///
    : : /O O
    : : | | |
    : : | _ |
    : : ___/
    : : SoftMan
    :
    :