Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

load and unload dialogs

warpmindedwarpminded Posts: 2Member
i know this is a simple task but for some reason it has not worked for me. The Load and Unload function should work in VB.net?
I know the Me.Hide function will work, but why wont the Load and Unload functions work?
I am new at this and i am trying to open and close new dialog boxes.
What am i doing wrong?

Comments

• RelmanRelman Posts: 104Member
    : i know this is a simple task but for some reason it has not worked for me. The Load and Unload function should work in VB.net?
    : I know the Me.Hide function will work, but why wont the Load and Unload functions work?
    : I am new at this and i am trying to open and close new dialog boxes.
    : What am i doing wrong?
    :
    :
    :
    AFAIK, VB.NET doesn't use load and unload. If you want to load a form, Declare and show it:
    [code]Dim MyFrm As New Form1
    MyFrm.Show[/code]
    If you you want to "Unload" a form then call: [code]MyForm.Close[/code]

Akiva Kraines
  • DenKainDenKain Posts: 17Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DenKain at 2004-11-14 9:0:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : i know this is a simple task but for some reason it has not worked for me. The Load and Unload function should work in VB.net?
    : : I know the Me.Hide function will work, but why wont the Load and Unload functions work?
    : : I am new at this and i am trying to open and close new dialog boxes.
    : : What am i doing wrong?
    : :
    : AFAIK, VB.NET doesn't use load and unload. If you want to load a form, Declare and show it:
    : [code]Dim MyFrm As New Form1
    : MyFrm.Show[/code]
    : If you you want to "Unload" a form then call: [code]MyForm.Close[/code]
    :
    : Akiva Kraines
    :
    Okay I'm kinda new at this but I have been wondering how to open another form you know like an about box. I tried the above code in a button but it automaticly opened a "New" form anyway not the one I thought I declaired.....*sigh*
    :
    : DenKain
    :
  • warpmindedwarpminded Posts: 2Member
    : : i know this is a simple task but for some reason it has not worked for me. The Load and Unload function should work in VB.net?
    : : I know the Me.Hide function will work, but why wont the Load and Unload functions work?
    : : I am new at this and i am trying to open and close new dialog boxes.
    : : What am i doing wrong?
    : AFAIK, VB.NET doesn't use load and unload. If you want to load a form, Declare and show it:
    : [code]Dim MyFrm As New Form1
    : MyFrm.Show[/code]
    : If you you want to "Unload" a form then call: [code]MyForm.Close[/code]
    :
    : Akiva Kraines
    :

thanks i knew it was a simple thing
  • RelmanRelman Posts: 104Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by DenKain at 2004-11-14 9:0:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : i know this is a simple task but for some reason it has not worked for me. The Load and Unload function should work in VB.net?
    : : : I know the Me.Hide function will work, but why wont the Load and Unload functions work?
    : : : I am new at this and i am trying to open and close new dialog boxes.
    : : : What am i doing wrong?
    : : :
    : : AFAIK, VB.NET doesn't use load and unload. If you want to load a form, Declare and show it:
    : : [code]Dim MyFrm As New Form1
    : : MyFrm.Show[/code]
    : : If you you want to "Unload" a form then call: [code]MyForm.Close[/code]
    : : Akiva Kraines
    : Okay I'm kinda new at this but I have been wondering how to open another form you know like an about box. I tried the above code in a button but it automaticly opened a "New" form anyway not the one I thought I declaired.....*sigh*
    : : DenKain
    :

In the above code, I created a new form of Class "Form1". Which means that the name of the form (which is a class) that I designed in my editor was Form1. Change Form1 to the name of your About form (which is that name of the class that you want to instantiate an object of) and it should work.

The reason that I am continually mentioning classes is that B.NET is completely object orientated.

I hope that clarified and solved your problem,

Akiva Kraines