Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Show priority message ?

How can I show a message box that appears on top of all the others ? And it would be great if in taskbar, it blinks up (like in FreeCell when you have used all the plots)... I mean something that make it special and users mush pay attention to it.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : How can I show a message box that appears on top of all the others ? And it would be great if in taskbar, it blinks up (like in FreeCell when you have used all the plots)... I mean something that make it special and users mush pay attention to it.
    :
    Create a form with the style as fsStayOnTop. Then remove that form from the Auto-Create list in the Project Options. Somewhere in your code, create that form without any owner, and call its ShowModal. This will show that form on top of all other forms, and should also give it it's own taskbar button. With the FlashWindow() API function can produce the flashing taskbar button.
  • delphiaskerdelphiasker Posts: 23Member
    : : How can I show a message box that appears on top of all the others ? And it would be great if in taskbar, it blinks up (like in FreeCell when you have used all the plots)... I mean something that make it special and users mush pay attention to it.
    : :
    : Create a form with the style as fsStayOnTop. Then remove that form from the Auto-Create list in the Project Options. Somewhere in your code, create that form without any owner, and call its ShowModal. This will show that form on top of all other forms, and should also give it it's own taskbar button. With the FlashWindow() API function can produce the flashing taskbar button.
    :
    That should be very helpful I'll try now. Thanks a lot.