Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help reqd. deciding on a language and tool for writting a game

NewbieUKNewbieUK Posts: 3Member
Hi,

I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.

Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.

What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
I have used Basic before but not VB.

Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.

Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)

Thx

Comments

• vegaseatvegaseat Posts: 18Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.
    :
    : Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.
    :
    : What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
    : I have used Basic before but not VB.
    :
    : Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.
    :
    : Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)
    :
    : Thx
    :
    A very powerful and easy basic is BCX basic. BCX offers a large number of graphic functions. It comes with lots of samples and a great help file. Works well in the Windows environment. It actually translates its code to C and uses Pelles C to compile to the executable. The whole system is free in one package. Download from:

http://www.rjpcomputing.com/programming/bcx/devsuite.html

• bob24bob24 Posts: 1Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.
    :
    : Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.
    :
    : What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
    : I have used Basic before but not VB.
    :
    : Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.
    :
    : Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)
    :
    : Thx
    :

Reply:
    I say go for it. Dark Basic was my first language, and I still use it a lot. Yes, I have heard of BCX basic. Go to www.thegamecreators.com
    and get a trial version of DarkBASIC Pro. That is my advice.