Help reqd. deciding on a language and tool for writting a game - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help reqd. deciding on a language and tool for writting a game

NewbieUKNewbieUK Posts: 3Member
Hi,

I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.

Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.

What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
I have used Basic before but not VB.

Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.

Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)

Thx

Comments

• vegaseatvegaseat Posts: 18Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.
    :
    : Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.
    :
    : What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
    : I have used Basic before but not VB.
    :
    : Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.
    :
    : Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)
    :
    : Thx
    :
    A very powerful and easy basic is BCX basic. BCX offers a large number of graphic functions. It comes with lots of samples and a great help file. Works well in the Windows environment. It actually translates its code to C and uses Pelles C to compile to the executable. The whole system is free in one package. Download from:

http://www.rjpcomputing.com/programming/bcx/devsuite.html

• bob24bob24 Posts: 1Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am goign to embark on writting a F1 Managment game with only still graphics and no animation or sprites.
    :
    : Should I use Darkbasic for example even for a 2D strategy game.
    :
    : What langauge and tools do the folks here suggest.
    : I have used Basic before but not VB.
    :
    : Also I am unsure how to write codse for a league table that will auto sort and display a top 10 etc.
    :
    : Guidance much appreciated for this newbie :)
    :
    : Thx
    :

Reply:
    I say go for it. Dark Basic was my first language, and I still use it a lot. Yes, I have heard of BCX basic. Go to www.thegamecreators.com
    and get a trial version of DarkBASIC Pro. That is my advice.