Formatting an e-mail - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Formatting an e-mail

PersephonePersephone Posts: 8Member
Hello,

I've created a form where the user enters certain information. This information is then to be sent in an e-mail. How can I format the e-mail itself so that it looks nice and is not just plain text all through?

I've tried various things but nothing seems to work. HTML-tags are not recognized but simply perceived as part of the contents of the e-mail. If anyone has any tips and ideas I'd be most grateful.

Comments

• PersephonePersephone Posts: 8Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I've created a form where the user enters certain information. This information is then to be sent in an e-mail. How can I format the e-mail itself so that it looks nice and is not just plain text all through?
    :
    : I've tried various things but nothing seems to work. HTML-tags are not recognized but simply perceived as part of the contents of the e-mail. If anyone has any tips and ideas I'd be most grateful.
    :
    :
    Hi,

I forgot to mention that I use VB-script.

• singhrohit82singhrohit82 Posts: 33Member
    Hello,
    Hi, I am Rohit Singh. I order to format ur mail properly, you should create an HTML file where using Table tags specify what you want where and then specify the placeholders in the cells.

After you do this you can read the entire html file and replace the placeholders with rhe values you want to send.

Suppose you want to say 'HELLO' and it shud appear in center and bold.

#hello#

in your code you can read this file and replace #hello# with your value 'HELLO'. It will work.

Hope it will help you.

Bye