Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting new COM object to communicate with existing exe

I work with a program that provides a COM object that is triggered when a certain event goes off within that program. The COM object provides a function that is called when the event is triggered. The function looks like this:

function TSampleCOMObject.Execute(const CPRSBroker: ICPRSBroker;
const CPRSState: ICPRSState; const Param1, Param2, Param3: WideString;
var Data1, Data2: WideString): WordBool;
begin
end;

This all works fine, however what I need is to get one of my pre-existing programs to interact with this object. I basically need my program to have access to both the CPRSBroker and CPRSState objects and I need my program to put a value into Data1. Just to clarify the program that I need to interact with this TSampleCOMObject is not the program calling it but another program that would open when the above function is called. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.