Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MIDI Out to External Device

I used VB .Net to create a virtual keyboard that produces MIDI signals. It works just fine when using the MIDI devices on my computer, but I tried hooking up an external sound module to my computer using an M-Audio USB MIDI converter. When I select it, I'm able to get the "MIDI Out" light on the converter to light up on every signal I send, but no sound is coming out. I tested the sound module with MIDI drum machine I have and that worked fine. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or a coding problem.

Here's the code I'm using:
rc = midiOutOpen(hmidi, 1, 0, 0, 0)

midimsg = &H90S + ((noteList(note).note + basenote + interval + octave * 12) * &H100S) + (volume * &H10000) + channel

midiOutShortMsg(hmidi, midimsg)
"noteList(note).note", "basenote", "interval", and "octave" are all just variables to send the note that I want. "volume" and "channel" just set the volume and channel, and I've made sure that the channel is set to the same as the sound module.

Please let me know if there's a simple (or a complicated) solution.

Thanks,
Blake