HTML questions - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HTML questions

Im looking to populate the subject field in an email when I say mailto etc.. Is there a way to do that.

Another thing, how can I use an anchor tag to navigate up and down on a single page??

URL:http//:pollockfantasysports.netfirms.com

Comments

• : Im looking to populate the subject field in an email when I say mailto etc.. Is there a way to do that.

:

: Another thing, how can I use an anchor tag to navigate up and down on a single page??

:

:

:

mailto:email?subject=subject&body=body&cc=email

etc etc

URL:http://plebian.com

• : Another thing, how can I use an anchor tag to navigate up and down on a single page??

:

You put

at the location on the page you want to link to, then you make the link with

go to something

for instance: at the top of your page put

then somewhere else (halfway, or at the bottom), you can put
    top of page

hope this helps

• Hmmm...appearantly I can't use normal code on this page, so lets use [ and ] instead of the normal tag-braccets

You put

[a name="#something"]

at the location on the page you want to link to, then you make the link with

[a href="#something"]go to something[/a]

for instance: at the top of your page put

[a name="#top"]

then somewhere else (halfway, or at the bottom), you can put [a href="#top"]top of page[/a]

there, that's better (a little)

• Thnaks, but know how do I put spaces in the mailto: When I try to put a space in the subject part it breaks the link. Im trying to put multiple words in the subject.

: : Im looking to populate the subject field in an email when I say mailto etc.. Is there a way to do that.

: :

: : Another thing, how can I use an anchor tag to navigate up and down on a single page??

:

: mailto:email?subject=subject&body=body&cc=email

: etc etc

:

:

:

• (a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=this is the subject")email(/a)

did it for me, obviously () are html braces

: Thnaks, but know how do I put spaces in the mailto: When I try to put a space in the subject part it breaks the link. Im trying to put multiple words in the subject.

:

:

: : : Im looking to populate the subject field in an email when I say mailto etc.. Is there a way to do that.

: : :

: : : Another thing, how can I use an anchor tag to navigate up and down on a single page??

: : mailto:email?subject=subject&body=body&cc=email

: : etc etc

:

:

: