Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Traceroute Sniffing....

hi,
I want to print all the packets that go through my computer.
I tried to create a socket on the port 80 but the connection was refused.
If my computer is in the trace route of some other transaction, it is 100% sure that my computer will receive the packet and redirect it to the next computer in the traceroute list.
I would like to make sure that these packets are received in the port 80(http packets and the corresponding port).Please tell me if it is possible to get the packets.If so please throw some light on the techniques of doing it.
Awaiting for a reply.
---
Ramanathan
mailto:ramanathanrv@gmail.com

Comments

• _codist__codist_ Posts: 17Member
    : hi,
    : I want to print all the packets that go through my computer.
    : I tried to create a socket on the port 80 but the connection was refused.
    : If my computer is in the trace route of some other transaction, it is 100% sure that my computer will receive the packet and redirect it to the next computer in the traceroute list.
    : I would like to make sure that these packets are received in the port 80(http packets and the corresponding port).Please tell me if it is possible to get the packets.If so please throw some light on the techniques of doing it.
    : Awaiting for a reply.
    : ---
    : Ramanathan
    : mailto:ramanathanrv@gmail.com
    :
    :
    [blue]There's a library called libpcap you can use to capture and analyze packets quite conveniently. I don't know links to good tutorials about it, but a google search should help you.[/blue]
  • agsharathagsharath Posts: 1Member
    hi ...
    even i want to do the same thing..
    please tell me if u find something.....
    basically i want to sniff all packets going through my comp(which is attached to lan)
    since LAN is a broadcast medium it should be possible ....i tried a port 80 connection but didnt work

• ramAryaramArya Posts: 7Member
    hello,
    with reference to your message...
    To do so you must have adminstrator rights
    If you are having administrator rights then you can download any freely available network sniffer from the net or you can hardcode it using the packet capture library provided with gcc (info pcap must do in linux)
    I am not sure about things in Windows....
    Signing off
    Ramanathan
    : hi ...
    : even i want to do the same thing..
    : please tell me if u find something.....
    : basically i want to sniff all packets going through my comp(which is attached to lan)
    : since LAN is a broadcast medium it should be possible ....i tried a port 80 connection but didnt work
    :
    :
    :