Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HS Teacher Needs Information About Writing Interactive Education Apps

I am high school business education teacher. I want to build interactive learning applications for my students something along the
lines of the video professor programs you see advertised on TV but with graphics and the feel of PowerPoint but without the slide transition feel PowerPoint has.

I want my students to be able to read information, but also be able to
input information from a mouse and keyboard, in order to receive an answer to a specific problem they may be working on.

I want the program to load tables, such as a table in MS Word, or Excel on various pages as the lesson progresses in order to teach the student as well.

I remember one of the great things about working with VB/Excel was the ability to write a program where the user could input information, click buttons to go to different sections, etc. I am quite rusty writing in VB/Excel and will need to re-teach myself if this might be one way to accomplish this task.

What other programming languages would help me accomplish this. I am not an artist but I learn quickly and would like to be able to include graphics, characters in the programs I write.

Also when I am done writing the programs I want to be able to burn them onto cd's so they are portable within the classroom and so I may be able to work on the program at home.

Any suggestions are welcome as well as other software which may help me accomplish this.

Thanks for any suggestions.