kernel programming - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

kernel programming

Hi guys,
I am interested in systems programming and particularly linux kernel programming.The problem is that so much has already been done and i dont know where to begin.Someone please advise me on how to go about it.
Thanks.

Comments

• SiddharthSoftSiddharthSoft Posts: 15Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by SiddharthSoft at 2004-10-30 22:30:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi guys,
    : I am interested in systems programming and particularly linux kernel programming.The problem is that so much has already been done and i dont know where to begin.Someone please advise me on how to go about it.
    : Thanks.
    :

Hey, there are lots of automobile already runing on road, why should companies invest in New Ones (Model)?
    Getting interested is not enough, you have to match the credentials required for kernel programming. Don't worry about scarcity of job, when they say Linux is alternative to MS Windows in desktop. If you are good, no one is going to stop you.

Cheers!
    Sid

• fruiter1fruiter1 Posts: 14Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by SiddharthSoft at 2004-10-30 22:30:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi guys,
    : : I am interested in systems programming and particularly linux kernel programming.The problem is that so much has already been done and i dont know where to begin.Someone please advise me on how to go about it.
    : : Thanks.
    : :
    :
    : Hey, there are lots of automobile already runing on road, why should companies invest in New Ones (Model)?
    : Getting interested is not enough, you have to match the credentials required for kernel programming. Don't worry about scarcity of job, when they say Linux is alternative to MS Windows in desktop. If you are good, no one is going to stop you.
    :
    :
    : Cheers!
    : Sid

What is that supposed to mean???? Just tell the guy how to get started...

Get a copy of Linux source and start looking at the kernel code. There are books available and many groups that can help.