Demo programming. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Demo programming.

I would like to make my own demo one day, and I was hoping someone here could help me a bit.

When you want to make a demo. What do you need to know? (languages, etc..)

Links would be nice :)

- Midget

Comments

• CroWCroW Posts: 348Member
    ok,lets think it through...what does a good demo provide?on the graphical side good and fast graphics.nice sound is another thing most people dont want to miss.so you will need 2 things:

1. a way to render graphics,2D and 3D aswell.i think direct3d/direct graphics are good interfaces to do that.another api is OpenGL which is a good choice,too.some people prefer D3D,other opengl....

2. sound.this depends on what kind of demo you want to create.simple playback of a wavefile for example could be done with the win32-api.for complex effects with lots of channels and suround you should use directsound.

3. programming.....ok,you need a language which needs to access the win32-api and which produces fast (and maybe small,depends on the demo) code.visual basic can do it,but i prefer c or c++.some assembly is a good idea but not a must-have.i suggest learning c/c++ and create some stuff for training.after a few thousand lines of working code you may start a bit assembly ;)

4. the best sound and graphics-engine is useless without good graphics and sound.for learning programming you can use any .wav and .bmp as sound or texture,but a real demo requires some good,selfmade stuff.
    for creating 3D-models you could use the great 3D-studio-max,however this tool isnt free and quite expensive.a free tool which is still powerful and provides some nice features to export as static arrays-includes for c/c++-compiler.this makes it easy to render your first model with your own code.

5. you will need some experience with demo/intros to create good ones.just do some,show them to your friends...

so,to make it short,buy a book about c/c++-programming.

google for:

opengl tutorial,
    directsound tutorial
    www.anim8or.com

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    : I would like to make my own demo one day, and I was hoping someone here could help me a bit.
    :
    : When you want to make a demo. What do you need to know? (languages, etc..)
    :
    : Links would be nice :)
    :
    : - Midget
    :
    ======================================================================
    Hi,

Small code samples can also be demo's too in the sense that it "DEMOnstrates" to new users of for e.g. VB.Net, how to get around a problem.

Regards,

Dr M.

• smithlarasmithlara Posts: 7Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • twinkle19twinkle19 Posts: 6Member
    This is a well informative and nice post. I found a lot of information from here. Thank you for sharing such type of information.

Best Plumbers
    http://www.nearstop.com