Windows version

Hi again....
I just want to ask how can we detect the version of the Windows, especially Windows XP, using Delphi?

Comments

• : Hi again....
    : I just want to ask how can we detect the version of the Windows, especially Windows XP, using Delphi?
    :
    For that you need to use the GetVersionEx() API function. It will fill a variable of the TOSVersionInfo type with the necessary info. The help files on the GetVersionEx() will give you more info. The variable type is called OSVERSIONINFO in the help files.
  • : For that you need to use the GetVersionEx() API function. It will fill a variable of the TOSVersionInfo type with the necessary info. The help files on the GetVersionEx() will give you more info. The variable type is called OSVERSIONINFO in the help files.
    :
    I'm sorry for my late reply. I try what you suggest, but it seems that my help doesn't appeared to have OSVERSIONINFO in it.
    Would you help me and give me your explanation about this subject?
    Thanks in advance.

• : : For that you need to use the GetVersionEx() API function. It will fill a variable of the TOSVersionInfo type with the necessary info. The help files on the GetVersionEx() will give you more info. The variable type is called OSVERSIONINFO in the help files.
    : :
    : I'm sorry for my late reply. I try what you suggest, but it seems that my help doesn't appeared to have OSVERSIONINFO in it.
    : Would you help me and give me your explanation about this subject?
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    :
    That info is not the Delphi help, but in the windows API help. You can also read about it at http://msdn.microsoft.com/ .
  • : That info is not the Delphi help, but in the windows API help. You can also read about it at http://msdn.microsoft.com/ .

Thanks for your info, finally i can make it worked.