Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

onLoad Problem!

I need help with making an onLoad function. I want my website to automatically take me from one website to another. For instance, lets say someone goes to www.onload.com. I want that site to automatically send me to www.onunload.com. Could you please help me out. Thanks!
James
James98765
jamesparsons@cox.net
http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/Settings/messageboard.htm

Comments

• nomi49nomi49 Posts: 75Member
    : I need help with making an onLoad function. I want my website to automatically take me from one website to another. For instance, lets say someone goes to www.onload.com. I want that site to automatically send me to www.onunload.com. Could you please help me out. Thanks!
    : James
    : James98765
    : jamesparsons@cox.net
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/Settings/messageboard.htm
    :

Add this line to you onload.com default page
    [code]

[/code]

nomi49
  • WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    You don't even need Javascript - there's a simple HTML tag that lets you do it.

The 0 is the number of seconds to wait before redirecting. You should put a message saying that it's redirecting as well, since some browsers will probably ignore it.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : You should put a message saying that it's redirecting as well, since
    : some browsers will probably ignore it.
    :
    In my experience, it's very well supported accross the browsers, and unlike JavaScript it's not something people disable. That said, I agree putting a message with a link is probably a good idea too.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• James98765James98765 Posts: 87Member
    : : You should put a message saying that it's redirecting as well, since
    : : some browsers will probably ignore it.
    : :
    : In my experience, it's very well supported accross the browsers, and unlike JavaScript it's not something people disable. That said, I agree putting a message with a link is probably a good idea too.
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    : Thanks a ton everyone! Now my school website is working great.

James
    James98765
    jamesparsons@cox.net
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/Settings/messageboard.htm