How to pass XWindows through web browser - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to pass XWindows through web browser

SiddharthSoftSiddharthSoft Posts: 15Member

I wanna pass XWindows through network. So that a network administrator can see the stuff like Bandwidth Utilization, network traffic etc.

I am trying using perl/tk for the GUI. but still not clear whether and how should I pass GUI to client.

Or is there some otherway out. Daniel Thomas, can you help me please.
Cheers!
Sid

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : I wanna pass XWindows through network. So that a network administrator
    : can see the stuff like Bandwidth Utilization, network traffic etc.
    :
    : I am trying using perl/tk for the GUI. but still not clear whether
    : and how should I pass GUI to client.
    :
    I'm really not certain here either...you have a window on one machine that you want to be able to get at on another, right? I guess you could use something like VNC to do this. That or provide a way for the GUI to run on the client machine and connect to the machine which you want data about ove the network and fetch the data. So you just move data around and not the GUI.

There may be some other way possible through something X provides, but I know very little about X so I've really no idea here.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");