Textbox auto-grow in height - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Textbox auto-grow in height

VCGVCG Posts: 51Member
How can I change the height of the textbox programmatically so that it dynamically changes it's own height as I enter more texts in it.

TIA

Comments

• RelmanRelman Posts: 104Member
    : How can I change the height of the textbox programmatically so that it dynamically changes it's own height as I enter more texts in it.
    :
    : TIA
    :
    Check the text_changed method. Check when e.key = a certain key (Eg. Enter) and then increase the hieght.
    If you are still stuck, I (might) stick some code up for you.
    I am guessing that it is a multi-line textbox, because you can only change the hieght of a normal one by changing the font size.

Akiva
  • VCGVCG Posts: 51Member
    Thanks

but I'm still stuck a little bit. I was able to change the height programmatically by doing this:

textbox1.height = (textbox1.lines.length) * (textbox1.Font.Height)

however, the formula seems ok if i only have 4 lines of texts in a multi-line textbox. But if I have more (for example 20 rows), the textbox starts to hide some info or texts. This works fine if the fontsize is 8pt. but if I make the fonts a little bigger, then the bigger the problem is.

I also wanted the formula to adopt to fontsize changes that's why either I need the correct formula, or if there is a way to make the textbox behave as i wanted it by tweaking some properties. thanks.

Bdway, I have disabled the AutoScroll and Wordwrap property since I don't want them.

: : How can I change the height of the textbox programmatically so that it dynamically changes it's own height as I enter more texts in it.
    : :
    : : TIA
    : :
    : Check the text_changed method. Check when e.key = a certain key (Eg. Enter) and then increase the hieght.
    : If you are still stuck, I (might) stick some code up for you.
    : I am guessing that it is a multi-line textbox, because you can only change the hieght of a normal one by changing the font size.
    :
    : Akiva
    :

[blue][size=4][b][italic]VCG[/italic][/b] :-D[/blue][/size]